Chapter 2 - The Start

Lance woke up, yet again, he didn't come out of his room. He is too afraid! He made sure to lock his room door. He also put cameras up in front of his room door before he started locking himself in his room. Lance was afraid of himself, of his ability. Being in space didn't help at all. Although Lance hoped the others were safe from him, he knew deep down they weren't. Then again, it is not like they really noticed him unless they needed to form Voltron. Today was not his lucky day.

"KNOCK KNOCK BIATCH wAKE UP!"

Lance already heard Allura over the loud speakers.

"I am just finishing something! I'll be right there Pidge!"

What was he supposed to do now?! Today was the day he wouldn't be able to control almost half of his powers! Lance figured out a way to hide his powers long enough, hopefully long enough. Lance stood up feeling the world crushing on him. The process has started, but Lance pushed through it. He reached underneath his bed and took out a little chest. He opened it cautiously and took out a mask. He knew it would be obvious he was hiding something, but this is the best hes got. After all, he is the only one that he knows of who has this destructive power. So that means there wouldn't be pills made for his kind. He put his mask on... boy... he hasn't used this since he was on earth in elementary. The mask tugs at his blood and the mask slowly dissolves into his skin. He holds his screaming in somehow. The mask covers his whole face. Plain black, you can't even see his eyes. Though he can still see through it. After suffering for a bit the pain calms down. He sighs feeling a bit more hopeful. Lance puts on his armor and then he puts his helmet off and walks out. Pidge looks at him weirdly.

"Yo, dude, why do you have that weird mask on?" Pidge questions.

"I just chose to wear it today! Nothings wrong with it!" Lance chuckles nervously but it slipped passed the members of Voltron. 

What was the most weird of it all is that Lance could be heard clearly, and to them he could possibly see clearly. This made Keith suspicious of Lance. First, he shows up late. Second, he has a mask on him. Third, he can be heard clearly! Come to think of it Keith hasn't seen Lance in awhile. Now this was definitely suspicious to the half-galra male. While the rest were all looking at Lance weirdly, Hunk, being Lance's life saver, hooked his hand around the blue paladins neck and started talking like they were best buddies, which they are! Lance and Hunk head to their lions. After awhile the rest of the paladins go to their Lions as well. 

~Time skip to when the battle is over with and they are heading back to the castle. (Because I can't think of anything lol)~

The paladins were heading back to the castle, so far everything is going well. Until Lance's mask started to break. Lance's mind started going out of control. What was he going to do?! Luckily mama blue knew what to do and she quickly went back to the castle and locked anyone from entering. Lance laughed shyly and thanked mama blue. Lance let the mask fall and shatter. That's the last time he believes he'll be using that mask again. He'll have to make another one. Lance lays down in a clearing in the blue lion. 

When the rest of the paladins came back they went near the blue lion and the blue lion just got angry and wouldn't let anyone in. 

~Time skip 3 days later~

It's been a problem to form Voltron because Lance has gotten worse. Today was the worst, or so he thought. Lance screamed in pain as the blood in his body swirled around with the water. Water covered Lance. Just a thin layer though.

For now... a thin layer of water covered his body...

For now...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Words: 680