Chapter 10: Diana

After their previous talk, Chiyo is more determined to cancel their engagement. She only has to find a concrete evidence of Tora's cheating acts to make it as the valid reason to break it off.

Despite the feeling of not wanting to meet her stepsister,Chiyo forced herself to and meet her for she is the only one she knows that would give the evidence.

"My, my. Look who's here," Diana said as she watches Chiyo enter her house. "Do sit anywhere you like."

Chiyo faked a smile before sitting down, facing Diana.

"I saw you with Tora one night before, and you even barged in our apartment, is that true?"

"You've got sharp eyes. And yes, we did see each other at night often," she says. "I apologize but I won't be staying away from him. You see, Tora and I are business partners so it would be one's loss if we separate."

"Then, I suppose you want him for yourself," Chiyo commented. "Let me be direct to the point, help me break my engagement with him and you can have him all you want."

Diana lets out a laugh upon hearing Chiyo's proposal.

"That is so unexpected of you," she said. "You finally admit that he deserves a better woman than you. So, what can I do?"

"Tell father about your relationship with him and convince him to let you marry Tora yourself," Chiyo replied but just like what happened earlier, Diana simply laughed at her.

"Tora is not that easy to oppose, Chiyo," she said as she poured some wine for herself. "Even if we join forces, we won't succeed. Plus, I do not mind being a wife for him in the shadows. It is more thrilling that way."

"Then, I guess it's okay for you to be labelled as the illegitimate daughter of the Sakurai who shamelessly became the mistress of her sister's husband," Chiyo stated which made Diana angry in no time.

"You're in my territory, watch your mouth," she warned.

"Even if you become the mistress, you won't be able to take a hold of him. He won't be with you during Valentine's, you'll celebrate Christmas alone while watching us, you will be hidden for the rest of your life, is that okay?" Chiyo asked which made Diana waver a bit.

"But he will always come to me when he's in need," Diana defended.

"But he will always find his way back to me at the end of the day. In the bigger picture, you will be the tool he just use when he lacks something," Chiyo added.

Diana looked at her stepsister, trying not to be intimidated. She should be the one looking fierce.

"You do have a point," Diana agreed but a smirk is formed on her lips. "But in the future, I will surely tell you this, 'I bear Tora's child and if he's old enough, I will make sure you divorce him'."

Chiyo lets out a heavy sigh before speaking.

"A child that will also called illegitimate," she scoffs. "If you really want him, take him from me."

Chiyo stood up and turned her back.

"Be the mistress, then," she said, "I shall help you dig your grave deeper. Diana, the more you cling onto Tora, the more you're ruining yourself."

Chiyo left feeling down for she had failed to convince Diana. While waiting for a taxi, she saw Tora's car stopped in front of her.

"So you really came to talk to her," Tora said as peers over the window. "Don't waste your time."

"It wasn't a waste of time," Chiyo replied as she played a recording of Diana's voice.

"And yes, we did see each other at night often."
"I bear Tora's child and if he's old enough, I will make sure you divorce him."

Chiyo smiled at her fiance.

"That would be enough evidence to cancel our engagement," she said and when Tora stepped out from his car, she braced herself and ran away as fast as she could.

Stubbornly In Love [Unedited]On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara