Chapter 4

Picture above belongs to pearleffect!

(Y/n)

Todays morning is her best one yet in Puerto Lobos. The sun shines perfectly onto her wooden floors, lightening it as a ray of sunlight shows little dust that floats in the air. Her window opens slightly to let the cool air in as the smell of pancakes still lingers. She rests on the window sill and glances at the ocean as the breeze gently pushes her hair and the window tulles back. (Favorite A/B) plays behind her, her feet tapping the floor to the beat with her body often swaying. She hums the melody until a sudden pause of her music make her head whip back.

"Argh, shit app," she mumbles. She taps the play button repeatedly in hope the song would work, but it's ineffective. Her music app that caches songs often does not cooperate, but it saves her internet. "But, hah," she suppresses out. She deletes the song and downloads it again. "I have personal hotspot," she says proudly. Pablo informed her yesterday that she can use the internet as long as she have personal hotspot, which she took the news very well and hollered and danced. He called her an addict, but, not true. Her phone only have 5GB internet anyway, but some is better than none. The music start to play again—and she returns to the window with a grin. "Fishing day," she slowly sighs out with her chin high. She closes her eyes and listens until a sudden knock on the door breaks her little trance.

"(Y/n), I got something for you," says Pablo from behind the door.

"What is it?" She walks over and opens the door. Her eyebrows raises at a jolly Pablo. He holds something behind his back, his broad shoulders sticking out. "What is there to hide?" she asks.

"Oh, nothing. It's just a gem," he says.

"Just a gem?" she recites. "C'mon, what's behind?" She smiles and impatiently looks behind him.

He jerks his body back. "Whoa! Whoa!"

"Oh, c'mon—I saw something white, Pablo."

He jauntily rolls his eyes and reveals the item. It's a white portable photo printer, and a sheet of plastic still sticks onto it. "Puerto Lobos does not have photo printers," he says, "so I thought getting a mini one would be a good idea. How about you try it out with the pictures on your phone?"

"Ooh! I've always wanted one of those! It print out those cute polaroids pictures, right?"

"Yeah." He grins and hands her the printer. "We only have so much paper, so use it wisely, okay? Make it last... I don't know—for like two months."

"Yes—I will!" She receives the printer, and the surface gloss like a polished surface. "I think I'm going to print out the one we took here. I like it, it was a nice picture."

Pablo gives her a half grin and pats her head. "I like that picture, too." (Y/n) gives him a thank, smiles, and hugs him. He swings her side to side with her on her toes. "Now hurry," he says, releasing her, "we don't want to be late to something that we invite Diaz brothers to."

Her eyebrows raises. "We're going right now?" she says, holding back the excitement in her voice.

"In a few minutes, after I pack our gear. Sean said they had their own stuff, but we must carry ours to them, it'll be a workout—just like the marathon we ran at the airport."

"Never again," she says and shakes her head. "I'll help you carry. Just holler for me when we're heading out. I'm going to get ready and figure out how to print the picture."

"Get ready, hm? Who are you glamming up for?"

She holds the doorknob and says, "For the fishes, obviously," and clicks the door shut.