31. 𝘁𝗲𝗻𝘀𝗶𝗼𝗻 𝗯𝗿𝗲𝘄𝘀 𝗶𝗻 𝗽𝗿𝗮𝗴𝘂𝗲

Start from the beginning

Then, everything went into chaos. Everyone was quick to draw out their guns protectively, knowing that Eszter was dangerous and had came prepared; however, none of their weapons would do anything to Eszter unless they managed to get the shot--and that's only if they can tag Eszter. Nevertheless, this didn't stop Fury's team from pointing their guns at the enhanced with hard faces, ready to shoot on the boss's command.

However, Eszter appeared unbothered with the several guns aiming at her because the enhanced was ready to defend herself if something were to happen. The darkness started oozing from the enhanced and pooled around her feet, and some slithered out from Eszter's back. At that, Peter's eyes widen in surprise as he takes a step back, eyeing the darkness that blocked him from Eszter.

Fury stared at Eszter with no fear in his eye, but he couldn't hide the fact that he was surprised that the enhanced would react on a whim; if Eszter had done any training, the enhanced would know better than to react according to her feelings. Fury was disappointed.

Eszter has some real trust issues.

"Stand down, Maximoff," Hill orders from aside, pointing her gun at the girl.

But Eszter refused to listen. They waited as if she was going to attack, but Eszter merely stood there like a guard dog, protecting Peter from nothing.

So, Fury decided to turn his attention back to Peter, causing the boy to shrink in his suit.

Understandingly, Peter slowly reaches out and hesitantly touches Eszter's shoulder. His eyes bulge as the darkness practically moves for Peter. "Eszter? Hey, hey. It's fine," he soothes, slowly releasing the enhanced from her trance. "You can stand down."

Right on command, the energy orb ceased from Eszter's hand until they completely disperse and blinking away the violet in her eyes. Once she's conscious, Eszter stared back at everyone with their guns pointed directly at her, baffling the enhanced. Awkwardly, Eszter straightens her form and looks back at Peter briefly, noting his hesitancy before registering everyone's slight fear.

Clearing her throat, Eszter bows her head in disappointment as she takes a step back next to Peter. "Sorry, I, uh . . . don't know what came over me."

With a small gesture from Fury, he signals for his team to stand down. But he glared at the teenagers once more, not believing that Tony or any of the other Avengers decided to pass down the Avengers onto two emotionally drained teenagers.

One who can't separate their emotions from work and be more responsible.

💜

Eszter escaped the base when the atmosphere was getting too much for her, and she couldn't handle the constant stares--it was as if they were way for her to snap again. Needing a way out, Eszter had rushed out shortly after Peter when he left on his own terms, and now, the enhanced was searching for him.

On the rooftop, Eszter pushes the door open just in time to see Peter jumping off from the edge of the building, landing somewhere on the ground. Eszter sighs in defeat.

"Oh, hey! Didn't hear you come up," Beck smiles as he twists his body from the ledge, spotting Eszter. "By the way, thought it was cool what you did back there. Standing up for your friend." Eszter looks at Beck with an uneasy expression, but he seemed to have noticed. "Hey, you good?"

Playing it off, Eszter waves her hand dismissively. "Yeah, I'm fine," she huffs, grimacing. "Just needed a break from everyone." Eszter suddenly has an idea. "So, you're from another world, huh?"