1

this story is based in the TV Show "The Good Place" and in IT the movie. I don't own any character or any rights to the story. This is only fan fiction. Hope you enjoy!

"Richie, I think I caught him, man. I think I killed him. I think I really killed him!"

Eddie was standing on top of me, yelling of happinesss while I tried to process what just happened. The deadlights. The fucking deadlights. I had just seen them, what is that even supposed to mean? Beverly predicted Stan's death, could I do that now too?

I was interrupted by a scream. A painful scream. And then I saw the most horrid thing, I saw Eddie with a fucking tentacle trough his body. I looked at him in shock and when I was about to take his hand, the clown threw Eddie to the other side of the cave, making him fly through the air. I looked at the rest of the Losers. Their desperate faces. They runned to finish Pennywise for good, but me? I ran to Eddie. I could not leave him alone.

"- Richie, I have to tell you something"

"What? What's up buddy?"

"I fucked your mom"

I smiled slightly. That had always been my way to tell Eddie I liked him. More than I should. More than anyone knew. Did he knew? Or was he simply teasing me?

That's it. No matter what this meant, I had to kill this fucking clown. For Eddie. And then, I would save him and let him know how much I wanted him, like I always had. I held Eddie's hand tight and then I ran to the Losers to end IT. Every insult I threw at him, I meant it.

I wanted Pennywise dead. He didn't scare me anymore., nor did my feelings. All I cared about right now was Eddie.

We felt the Neitbolt House start to crash. I ran to Eddie and tried to pick him up until I heard Bev say:

"Richie, honey, he's dead.. We have to go.."

Was she kidding me? I couldn't leave him there. I felt like yelling at her. He was NOT dead, I refused to believe it. I felt like punching everyone as they pushed me out of that cave. No.

FUCKING NO. I refuse to take this. I yelled his name the louder I could, but it didn't matter, Neitbolt house was in pieces. Eddie was dead.

Eddie P.O.V

White. All I could see was white. For long 5 seconds. And then, I opened my eyes.

"Welcome! Everything is fine!" said this billboard in front of me. Am I in the hospital? What happened to the huge tentacle I had inside my body 5 minutes ago? Where was Richie?

An old man opened the door. He had white hair, used glasses and a grey suit.

"Eddie, please, come on in"

I followed him suspicious. Was this... therapy? Did my mom put me in therapy again? No, that was impossible, my mom is dead. I wondered if this guy knew who Richie was. Would it be weird if I asked him?

"Hi Eddie, I'm Michael. Here's what happened..."

Thank God. Finally an explanation.

"You died."

What the fork? No, I mean fork... What? I can't swear??

"I... died? How?"

"Well, that's the weird part. A killer clown killed you. We never had any case like this before. Oh, forget it, we did. A kid named Georgie, I suppose."

Georgie? Was he here? Was Bill here too?

"Where are my friends? What place is this?"

"This, Eddie is the Good Place. I'm afraid your friends are not here yet. Let me give you a tour."

This had to be a joke. Afterlife. I always heard you would go to heaven or hell, not "The Good Place". Curious, I asked:

"Is there a... Bad place?"

"Well of course, but you my dear made it to The Good Place. Here's your house, perfectly shaped as you always desired. Dreams come true around here you might say."- Michael continued.

I looked at my house. It was small and simple and everything was.. empty? There was no decoration. How is this what I always wanted?

Michael laughed.

"You're confused, aren't you."

I nodded.

"Well, what is it that you expected?"

I opened my mouth to talk but I stopped. I didn't know what I expected or what I wanted.

"I.. don't know..."

"Eddie, what you always wanted was freedom. You've always wanted to be yourself, not controled by your mom in every step you took, am I right?"

I nodded, starting to understand.

"Well, here's your chance. Find yourself. Decorate this place with ANYTHING you want and like. You're free. It's your choice. This is Janet."

"Hi there"

A woman in a purple dress appeared out of nowhere leaving me more confused.

"You can ask her for anything. Literally... anything. She contains all the knowledge in the universe. And she's here for you from now on."

Wow, I thought. This was heaven indeed. And I could finally be myself, without having someone controlling me.

I felt happy. But not complete.

"And.. my friends?"

"As I told you, I'm afraid they won't be here anytime soon. But enjoy as much as you can, after all you're in the good place."

-------------------------------

Richie P.O.V

They had to drag me to the quarry otherwise I would have ran back to Neitbolt house. He was gone. The boy I always loved was now gone. And I never told him how I felt. Fucking fear!

Tears were rolling down my face as I walked and no one knew how to comfort me. They were all broken aswell.

We jumped to the shitty water of the quarry to clean ourselves and they started talking about HIM.

"You know what? Eddie would have hated this guys"- Ben said.

"What? Cleaning ourselves in dirty water?"

"Yeah"

"He would be telling us we would get straphilococus or something"

"yeah, but it would have made us laugh though"

I stopped hearing. It hurt too much. How could they... act like nothing happened? How could they leave him there? I would have died there too, trying to save him, but I didn't care. I wasn't okay with myself after leaving the love of my life. Yes.. the love of my fucking life.

Why would I live now? There was no reason. I had to go back to my shitty comedian life and pretend this never happened. I wasn't ready for that.

All of a sudden I felt them hugging me. And I cried even harder.

"Guys my glasses..."

And they all went looking for them.

When we left the quarry everything felt normal again, but looking in that mirror, I saw us. All of us when we were kids. I saw everything and my fear of admitting my feelings for the tiny little boy standing next to me. I saw us talking, covered in puke and me making fun of him, I saw me.. craving our inicials in the kissing bridge..

I wondered if he ever felt the same way as I did. There was no way of knowing that now. He was good as gone. And I had to live my life as if this never happened

I had to leave Derry again and I wondered if I would forget about everything again. It would be good not to think about the worst day of my life but I don't think I could ever forget. I don't think I could keep going on without him.