Chapter 2 - A Single Life

Start from the beginning

"Are you with the 'political correctness squad'?" Officer 1 asked sarcastically.

Elliot held his badge. "Elliot Stabler, Special Victims Unit. My partner, Detective Jonson, and I were called in on an apparent homicide with obvious sexual overtones."

Officer 1 nodded. "All right, you want it? Fine, you take it." He looked around at the cops. "Scootch, Jacoby, let's move it." He started to walk away. Abigail stood at the broken window. "Okay, guys, wrap it up."

Elliot rolled his eyes, turning around, walking to stand next to Abigail. Abigail held a picture of the victim, handing it to Elliot.

The shot moved from the window to outside, showing the victim lying on the car.

Abigail stared outside.

~~~~

Worlds Colliding (Law & Order Special Victims Unit)

~~~~

Day Two

Day - Police Department - 16th Precinct - Main Room

Pictures of the victim was on Elliot's desk.

Elliot was looking at the pictures on his desk. "Eight stories up, eight down."

Frank was leaning against Elliot's desk, looking at pictures.

"Looks like she was shot out of a cannon," Cassidy told them.

Cragen walked closer. "Guy on steroids?"

"No, the Yankees are on a road trip," John told them.

"Yeah, they're down in Baltimore kickin' a little Oriole ass," Frank told them.

Olivia and Abigail were leaning against Abigail's desk, looking at pictures.

"How about plain old testosterone-driven rage?" Olivia asked.

"Her boyfriend?" Monique asked.

"Or girl," John told her. "You could toss 100 pounds without breaking a sweat."

"Toss you, you skinny-ass geek," Monique told him.

John pointed at her, looking at the men. "See?" Frank smirked. "The rage?"

"What about the neighbors?" Cragen asked.

"Nobody knew her beyond the usual nod and wave," Elliot answered.

"She worked at home," Abigail told them. "All they knew was she carried a laptop with her."

John leaned on a desk, sighing. "The whole thing's a pyramid scheme."

Cassidy sat next to him, frowning. "What whole thing?"

John stood up. "Laptops. We've become a nation of 'laptoppers', writing orders on our laptops, more laptops, whatever happened to pens?"

Monique was reading a text book. "Vic had an appointment with a Dr. Daniels every Tuesday and Thursday at 5:15."

"Check her address book," Cragen told her, turning to Abigail. "What did she do, the vic?"

Abigail was sitting on her desk. "She was a writer." She handed Cragen a few papers. "'Street Crazies: Budget Cuts and the Mentally III'."

Abigail handed another paper to Frank.