dr strange x reader ✧・゚: *✧・゚:*  

Start from the beginning

The man in front of you coughed awkwardly, clearly wondering why you had been studying him so intently for the last 30 seconds. You blushed. The doctor found this cute. He wouldn't be lying if he said he was slightly mesmerised by your beauty. " So, what can I do for you? " He asked, gesturing you to come into the sanctum, to which you only just realised that you had been standing outside for the past 5 minutes in the rain.

" Well you see, about 2 months ago I was in a car crash, I was driving back from a friends house, late at night, in a storm, which probably wasn't the best idea. The rain was coming down so hard that I didn't see the car in front of me before it was too late. " You looked down, and Strange gave you a sympathetic look, while removing your coat, and placing it on the coat rack. " The person I crashed into was fine, it was me that suffered the damage, well, mainly my hands. " You looked down at your shaking hands, they had become an embarrassment to you now.

" I've heard stories about your recovery doctor, what happened to you has happened to me. I want to become normal again, I want to be able to use my hands again properly. I'll do whatever it takes. " Strange gave you a look, wondering how you knew who he was without having to introduce himself. However that was quickly replaced with a look of determination, as he looked into your eyes, taking your shaking scarred hands in his own scarred hands. " I see a lot of potential in you (Y/N) it takes a lot of work and time to recover, and I must warn you that it means giving up everything. " You sighed. You had prepared yourself for this. " Okay. " Was all you said. Strange smiled at you. " Well it looks like you've got yourself a new teacher. "
" And it looks like you've got yourself a new student. " You smirked at him.

~

Stephen had been training you for about 3 months now, and you were on your way to recovery. You were becoming a sorcerer like Stephen, and you were learning more about the mystic arts. You had learnt most of the things you needed to know, including information about your astral form, and how to control it.

As well as recovering, and learning more about becoming a sorcerer, and being strong in the powers they possessed, your bond with Stephen had also grown stronger. You had opened up to him about how your parents had died when you were young, and you were left to live with an Aunt and Uncle who didn't care about your well being, and had moved out when you had enough money to support yourself. He also knew how your dreams of becoming a famous (dream job) had collapsed after your accident.

You also knew about Stephen's life as a surgeon before his accident, and about Christine. You felt a pang of jealously whenever Stephen mentioned Christine. You would be lying to yourself if you said that you had developed feelings for your teacher. But you knew it was against the rules, even if you were roughly the same age, he was your teacher and you were his student.

You smiled, as you stretched and got out of bed. You had decided to move to the sanctum, as it was more convenient, and Stephen had told you that you needed to do so, if you were serious about a full recovery. You occasionally stayed at the other sanctum's that were scattered about, but the New York sanctum was your main base.

Your smile only grew as you remembered you were training with Stephen today, and you would be learning about how to form portals.

~

" (Y/N!) " You looked over at Stephen, blushing at the way that he pronounced your name.
" Well hello there. " You smirked at your teacher, satisfied with the pink blush that creeped up his face as you smirked at him.
" Right. " He clapped his hands together. " Today's lesson is about how to form portals. As you know portals are an important element in a sorcerers everyday life, so it's important you know how to make one. " He slid a ring which went over 2 fingers onto your fingers. " This is a sling ring, it's the most important thing when summoning a portal. "