Maybe he did have a small soft spot for the poor little green haired child that was on the verge of death when they found him.

"I just want to be useful. It doesn't matter if anyone cares." Midoriya replied emotionlessly.

He just wanted to be useful!? Who the heck had told him otherwise? He was so sweet, and cared about other people over himself. Uraraka had to resist her urge to just cuddle and hug the poor boy there and then.

"Tch." Kurogiri was at a loss of what to do now. They already got a student out, it was only a matter of time before the pros got here. He immediately teleported Shigaraki and the hulking black figure to his location.

"Kurogiri, what is this for? Why are all the students still here? We agreed that we should scatter and disperse them, no?" Shigaraki scratched his neck as the black figure looked blankly ahead.

"A student got out before I even got here." Kurogiri reported, "And the child is here."

"Oh?" Shigaraki turned to face the students, catching sight of one familiar broken boy. "Brat. This would be more fun than I thought."

---------------------------

Seeing Shigaraki and the black figure disappear into the mist, Aizawa turned back to his students, alarmed, but was surrounded by too many villains for him to pick off at the same time.

Dammit, All Might. You just had to pick today to overuse your hero form. I'm pinning this one on you.

But putting the blame on anyone would not change anything if any of his students died. Especially Akatani Mikumo, or... whatever his real name was. He had gone through too much at the hands of those villains, and for them to come back and kill him would be too much.

If they took him back...

Aizawa didn't even want to entertain that thought.

He needed to get back to his students. He had to.

He needed to protect them.

They didn't need to see this side of the world yet.

---------------------------

Kurogiri ended up warping a huge amount of villains to the entrance platform.

There were too many for Midoriya to handle on his own. Ojiro and Hagakure had teamed up, trying to take down opponents. Uraraka and Aoyoma were standing back to back, while Shoji tried to hold off a few villains on his own. Yaoyorozu had handed out weapons to Kaminari and Koda, and everyone else was doing their best to beat the villains that they had found themselves tangled with.

They weren't doing so well.

These weren't normal cannon fodder. These villains actually knew what they were doing, and were slowly adapting their tactics in order to take out the students.

Sero ended up tangled in his own tape. Kaminari had short circuited when he panicked, and ended up taking Asui and Tokoyami out by accident. Mineta was lying on a crater on the ground, when a villain had smashed Shoji right into the ground on top of him. Uraraka, Todoroki, Jiro, Yaoyorozu, Kirishima, and Bakugou were cornered, all of them worn out and panting. Kurogiri had already teleported everyone else away, and had turned Thirteen's quirk back on them when they attempted to suck up the mist villain.

The only one who was actually standing a chance was Midoriya, and that was only because he didn't feel tired. His stamina was a lot better than this classmates, and allowed him to continue his recently onslaught on the villains that someone just kept getting up.