37: facetime

bold is Olivia speaking

italics is Paul speaking

facetime

"Hi baby,"

"Hi baby,"

"Hi my love. It's so nice to hear your voice,"

"I've missed yours too. I am so fuckin' proud of you and the work that you're doing over there but God damn I miss you so much baby."

"I miss you too baby. Just two more days and I'm home."

"I can't wait. I hope these next two days fly by."

"I know, me too. Meadow's school is on winter break next week so I'll have her then. I'm excited to be with my two favorite ladies."

"Awww, you're gonna make me blush. I'm excited to be with you both too. How are you holding up over there?"

"I'm okay, just tired. We've barely slept since there's just so many people who need medical attention and not enough doctors and nurses to go around so we're doing what we can to help. We've helped with patient treatment and transport, we've helped unload some supplies and even set up some tents and aid shelters so that way everyone can get out of the sun. The climate is something I'm still not used to so that's been an adjustment for sure. It's just crazy out here. It almost feels like we're in the middle of a warzone."

"What you're doing is really incredible, you know that? I know you want to help as much as you can but you have to make sure to look after yourself as well."

"I can rest when I'm home. When we leave we have a six hour car ride back to Santo Domingo in the DR. We'll probably give ourselves some time to clean up then we're gonna get on our long ass flight home."

"Paul, I'm serious. You can't take care of other people if you're not taking care of yourself too."

"I'm used to running on a few hours of sleep. I'll be okay, I promise. I wouldn't do anything that would prevent me from coming home to you or Meadow. Enough about me, how have you been? How did visiting your nieces go?"

"It was good, I missed them. They really need to stop growing, Ella is gonna be as tall as me pretty soon. But my mom's birthday is coming up and she wants to have a party. She specifically asked me to bring you but I was planning on doing that anyways. That is, if you wanted to go."

"I'll be there baby, don't worry. Your mom loves me, I wouldn't disappoint her."

"Okay good. And also, I just wanna say that I am so digging the long hair and facial hair combo. You look so hot."

"Well I guess that means I can't shave it all off when I get home."

"Oh absolutely not. Not yet at least. It's the first time I've ever seen you with long hair and the facial hair is an added bonus. It's like the cherry on top."

"You're such a dork, you know that right?"

"You know you like it."

"I love it. As much as I would love to sit right here and talk to you all night, I really should get going. I need to go help Jesse set up anther one of the aid tents."

"Okay. Thank you for calling. I really enjoyed talking to you even if it was brief. And again, I'm seriously so proud of you guys for what you're doing. You're too good for this world. I love you so much and I can't wait to see you. Please be safe and make sure you're eating and getting at least some sleep."

"I enjoyed talking to you too. I needed to see that pretty face of yours. You're all I've been thinking about and I just can't wait to come home to you. I love you so much Liv, I'll call you again soon okay?"

"Okay, I'm looking forward to it. Bye baby, I love you."

"Bye my love, I love you too."

call ended!