17: irl

irl

"You want anything to drink?" Paul asked

"You want anything to drink?" Paul asked. Olivia could barely hear what he said over the loud sound of music coming from the speakers at the club they were at. She nodded. "Want a Tequila Sunrise?" He knew that was one of her favorites.

"Yes please." Olivia said. Paul nodded then walked off towards the bar. Olivia turned towards Jordana and smiled. "Wanna go dance?"

"You know it!" Jordana replied, grabbing Olivia's hand and leading her to the dance floor. They both began to sway their hips to the music, singing along to the song. A guy came up to Jordana and tapped her on the shoulder.

"Hey, my name is Carl. I was wondering if you would like to dance with me?" The man, Carl, asked. Jordana looked at Olivia and winked, then gave her attention back to Carl.

"Sure, Carl." Jordana said in a flirty tone then began to dance with him. Olivia continued to dance by herself, enjoying the song. Paul came back just as the song ended. Olivia stopped dancing and faced Paul. He handed his friend her drink. In his other hand was a beer for himself.

"Thanks bud." Olivia said, smiling at her friend. Paul smiled back and wrapped an arm around her shoulder. They both took a sip of their drinks.

"Anything for my favorite person." Paul replied, kissing the top of her head. Olivia smiled again at the gesture. She loved when he did that.

"You're the best." Olivia told him. Paul felt his phone vibrate. He pulled it out of his pocket and saw that Rebecca was calling.

"I'll be right back, it's Rebecca," Paul said to his friend, answering the call and making his way outside so he could hear better. Olivia nodded and watched him walk away. She was glad that Paul and Rebecca were still on good terms. Being friends with your ex can get pretty weird, but they always manage to put that aside and focus on being the best that they can be for Meadow.

"Tell me, what's a pretty girl like you doing here all lonely?" A deep voice asked, snapping Olivia from her thoughts. The voice belonged to a tall, dark haired male. He was buff, good looking, and had a nice smile. He was pretty much the epitomize of Olivia's type. Strangely enough, Olivia felt no interest in getting to know him. It wasn't anything personal, she just wasn't feeling it.

"I'm not alone," Olivia replied, taking another sip of her drink. She looked straight ahead, watching the people in the crowd dance with each other.

"Sure looks like it. Names Marcus," The man introduced himself, a cocky grin on his face, "Wanna dance?" She could smell the alcohol on his breath.

"No thanks," Olivia told him. Marcus raised his eyebrows. He wasn't used to being told no. His looks got him what he wanted ninety-percent of the time.

"C'mon, just one dance. You know you want to," Marcus urged, smiling the most persuasive smile he could. Olivia looked at the man standing next to her. "You can't resist this."