Chapter 2

"Navy or midnight blue?" Mary asked holding up two pieces of fabric in her hands. Apparently I had to chose what color and shade would be used in the boys room. The rooms would mainly be grey and white, the color would be used for details. I need to chose a few colors so not every room would be exactly the same.

"Midnight blue." I said. I doubt any of the boys would even notice the difference between the two colors. Mary nodded and put everything into a file. Then added it into the large basket containing the other arrangements.

"Alright, we have all the colors chosen for their rooms. All the boys will be wearing pins with their names on it, chose a metal." Anne said placing 3 small baskets containing small plates of metals for me to chose from.

I looked at the first basket, it was full of silver metals. Each a different shade. The second basket had different shades of bronze, and the third had gold. I decided on a silver that had the tiniest hint of blue. It would look good with every suit. I handed it to Anne and she added it to the large basket. She filled out a sheet of paper and added it as well.

"Okay we are almost done with the preparations, all we need know is to come up with their tasks." Mary informed me.

"I thought I was going to work on those with mother and father. Besides the important tasks won't start until the selected start to narrow. Silva and mother are doing most of them anyway." I said matter of factly. It was true of course, the boys would need to show that they can handle everything a born prince can. Thankfully Mom and Silva would take care of most of that. The thought itself made me tired.

"Right, I had forgotten." Mary said.

"It's okay. I understand how easily all of this gets clouded in our minds. It's a lot."

"Yeah it is, how are you feeling about the selection now that it's so close by the way? You haven't said much about it."

Mary was right of course. I haven't said anything about the selection if not directly asked about it, or I was making preparations like this. The truth is I didn't know how to feel. I've never been the biggest fan of the selection. But I've never had a choice about it. Since mom didn't conceive any males, the only other option was to host a selection for me. Unless we passed the throne to another male in out family, but father wanted to keep the line as close as possible. This is the first selection held by a female in history. The public is quite excited about that.

I however am not. It's very doubtful I'll find love in this. I mean what are the chances. I'm not as optimistic as May by any means. I just hope there will be someone I can tolerate and can tolerate me. More importantly, someone that will care about Illéa as much as I do.

"If I am going to be honest, I don't know how to feel." I said.

I trust my maids. As a princess I am very guarded. I have seen the world through bullet proof glass. Yet I barely ever leave the palace. Making friends is hard, I am close to some advisors daughters but I don't see them very often. It's the same thing with other princesses or princes. I'm close to princess Nicoleta but I don't see her as often as I would like. So I have become friends with the maids and guards at the palace.

"Well just don't stress. They are the ones who need to work hard. Never forget you're Illea's Crowned Princess, you are on top. Anyone would be lucky to have you."

"Thank you. I really mean it. You three have made everything much better."

"As have you." We shared a smile. I can always count on them.

"Americaaaaaaaa." Kenna sang as she walked in without permission.

"Come on in." I said with a hint of annoyance evident in my voice.