Two

August 7th 2019 continued   - Liverpool

----------------------------------------------

Grabbing a mat and removing her boots Gia started to do her stretching ritual which was always a fixture before an intense training session and matches. With her  head phones in she worked from down from her arms and shoulders to her legs. She was in the middle of stretching her left leg out to the side pulling back from her foot when she was joined in the gym By Jurgen.

'Morning Gia, way to make a good impression on your first day of training. Getting here early and stretching before we get outside' Jurgen smiled 'Do you have much stretching left to do i know training isn't meant to start for 10 minutes but i wanted to properly introduce you to all of the team and staff in our team huddle outside'

'Morning Jurgen, i am just about finished after this stretch. I can be outside in 5 minutes if that's okay? the young woman smiled at the manager.

'that's fine, you finish up and meet us downstairs' replied Jurgen as he jogged out of the gym.

Gia was done with stretching a few minutes later, she put her boots back on and made her way downstairs to the main training pitch. As she looked through the tall windows on her way down the stairs she could see the other players also making their way to the pitch in sporadic groups chatting to each other. As she exited the building and made her way along the path to the field she jogged up to where Alex and Rhian were just ahead of her. The two boys noticed her come up alongside them and smiled warmly at her.

Most of the group were already there once she hit the pitch. She stood next to the two young men and joined the circle that was forming. Jurgen was stood in the middle of the circle. Slowly the rest of the players had joined at the circle was around 20 strong. Gia noticed eyes on her and she made an effort not to fidget or look anxious. She just kept a reserved smile on her face. She felt a tap on her shoulder she turned to see Jordan Henderson was stood next to her.

'Dont be nervous kid, you're going to fit right in' He said as he gave her a nudge. Noticing she looked a bit unsettled in a big group of people she barely knew.

'Thanks Skip' (skip or skipper = captain) Gia replied with a smile and nudging him back with her shoulder.

'Attention everyone, I'm sure you have all noticed by now we have a new player to welcome. Most of you would have met Gia by now but for those who haven't please make sure you introduce yourself and make her feel at home. We are thrilled to have her on the team i know you guys are aware of what a talented player she is after our games against Tottenham last year. Stuck a few past us there didn't you Gia?' Jurgen stated with a little laugh and smile towards the end.

'One can only try Jurgen, it certainly wasn't easy' she said with a shy smile.

'well welcome to the team and you're first training session with us. We will be starting with 5 a side games, after warm up so please all of you make your way over and start your jogs. Up to the cones and back' Jurgen instructed and we all started to make our way over.

As Gia was walking over she received a high five from all the players that passed her and was met the last few player she hadn't yet been introduced to Mo Salah, Sadio Mane and Roberto Firmino. They all congratulated her on the move and wished her the best. Gia was excited about this as these were the three she would likely be playing up front with. She knew there would be a lot of experimenting before Liverpool settled on her usual playing position alongside these three.

She took a deep breath in and took a moment to appreciate how far she had come. Change is scary and intimidating but change as Gia saw it was the only way to improve. She had a good feeling about this season and this club. Her nerves had started to diminish and she could feel the competitive excited side of her coming out and she started her jog, this was going to be her season.