One.

August 7th 2019   - Liverpool

----------------------------------------------

Gia let out the large sigh that had been building up whilst making her breakfast. Liverpool's opening match of the premiere league season against Norwich is in 2 days time and today would be Gia's first official training session with the whole team back from the break. The young woman rarely experienced nerves when it came to football, in other aspects of life sure she had struggled with confidence and anxiety but football was always her guiding light. She could always be herself on the pitch and found the team support brought her out of her shell. Thinking about her first game for the new club made her feel uneasy, she always wanted to do her best but felt quite intimidated at the idea of playing for arguably one of the top teams in the world. what if she didn't have the debut performance she knew she could give? what if the fans didn't like her? What if she wasn't even chosen to play in the game and was made to wait making her even more nervous?

Having spent the whole of her career playing for the same club where the fans were so used to her she never experienced the butterflies like she was now. Hoping that she could fit in and make a good impression. Even when switching to the men's side the Tottenham fans warmed to her very quickly as she had moved up through the training ranks. The young woman spent the next hour or so eating her porridge (oatmeal) and berries trying to psych herself up for training. Gia had met most of the players but would be introduced to a bunch today that she had not met before. She wasn't so nervous about this as the staff and other players at the club had welcomed her so warmly.

Walking down the corridor at Melwood (liverpoool training grounds) Gia bumped into the team captain Jordan Henderson and arguably the best defensive player in world football Virgil Van Dijk who she had previously met whilst at the training centre a few days earlier when she was sorting her kit sizes out with the team. They had a brief conversation the both of them telling her that they were excited to start training with them joking that they will put the accelerators on in the friendly 5 a side games alluding to how she was very well known for her speed and dribbling around defenders. Gia laughed and thanked them for the compliment in their joke bidding them a farewell and continuing on to the locker room entering through her private door and changing into her training kit. As it was a hot day her short sleeve training top and shorts with her muscle fit vest and sports bra underneath.

Gia exited out of the other door into the mens locker room. Looking around it was almost empty, she was often an early bird and loved to be prepared so she wasn't surprised. Alex Oxlaide chamberlain was sat next to Rhian Brewster chatting about something Alex was showing Rhian on his phone. They both looked up with a surprised look when they heard the noise of Gia's boots against the floor. Gia went over to introduce herself as she had not met the two young men before. 

 'Hey Gia right? I'm Alex you can call me Ox if you like and this is Rhian. I was out injured most of last season unfortunately so never got to meet you or play against you at Tottenham. Rhian here has recently moved up to First team haven't you lad?' Alex said with a cheeky smile on his face the whole time then pointing to the seat next to him for Gia to sit with them. Rhian smiled and nodded at what Alex had said. 

'Great to meet you Gia, yeah me and ox were talking earlier about how you were called up to the England squad with us too. Being the first female player picked ever for the Men's team and making it to our amazing club. that's impressive. Congrats' he said with a genuine smile on his face.

'So nice to finally meet you guys too, I think I have almost met all of the first team players now' she said with a shy smile. 'Thanks for being so nice. I am really proud of being picked. I just have to prove I deserve the opportunity, a lot of pressure but everyone here has been so lovely to me already and I'm looking forward to the England camp in a few weeks before the Bulgaria game'

'Everyone here just wants to see the team happy and successful so if you ever wanna talk you can come to literally any of us, were like a big competitive family who tease each other constantly but love to support each other.' Replied Alex giving her a pat on the back.

'Thank you, that means a lot to me! Again so happy to finally meet you guys. I'm gonna head to the gym and get some stretching in since training isn't for half an hour. See you on the pitch boys' Gia smiled at them and wandered off to the gym.