VIII. The martial court

Aldbourne, England, Last week of April 1944

These past days had been awful for Easy company, lessons, combat and on-field exercises. All they do is prepare themself for something so unnatural, Isabelle was so stressed, she was having more medical lessons, she was going to be the surgeon of the company, she felt the lives of all the man, all her friends on her shoulders, she didn't sleep much, she was slowly becoming more and more silent, the voice of her instructors telling er that the life of a man would depend on how fast she was or on how much pressure she applied on the wound.

She couldn't make mistakes.

While she was worried about the lives she was supposed to save from an unfair and early death, Richard was nervous about Cpt. Sobel, he confirmed on the numerous practices no capacity to lead the company at all, he feared that during the war this could cause so many deaths. But what could he do, at the end of the day he was just another piece, a really small one.
Today was not different from the other, the 2nd platoon commanded by Richard had to capture a man that pretended to be a german, while 1st platoon had to do another manoeuvre to support the 2nd.

Richard was in position at the right time while Sobel was nowhere to be seen.
"Sobel's late," he said looking between his watch and the woman next to him. "Well it's not like he has ever been on time," she told him trying to lighten the mood, she notice dhow worried he got since they came to England, she saw how he constantly thought about the consequences of Sobel's actions. She puts her hand on his upper arms, "Don't worry, everything will be fine I'll always be here with you to help you, I won't let anything happen to those men, or at least I'll try my best." she finished looking at the streets, obviously she couldn't possibly save all of them, but the thought of some of them dying watered her eyes.
Richard stared at her, he took her hands in his a started caressing them with his thumb, trying to calm her. When she felt their hands connected she started searching for his eyes to find some tranquillity.
"I know that I'm sure that you'll do your best, they're lucky, cause they have the best doctor they could ever ask for. Thank you, You can't imagine how important is to me knowing that you are with me." They stared at each other, now afraid of finding the same emotions they were feeling in the other's eyes.

They had to separate because someone called Richard.

Isabelle stared at his tall figure as he walked away, caressing her hand. She sighed. She knew that there was no way back from this.... him.

Richard walked away, touching his hand, remembering the feeling of her warm ones on his. He sighed. He sighed. HE didn't want to fall, especially this harder, but there was no way back now.

Neither of them could've fallen harder

"Why is there a fence here? There should be no fence here. Tipper! Give me the map." shouted Cpt. Sobel, he was scared, he wasn't I the right position, what was he going to do now.

"Perconte, Luz, get the man back, Take cover behind those trees." He was sweating, thinking about the next move, looking at the map as at any moment it was going to tell him the solution.
"We could go over it, Sir." Said Tipper. "Really? That's not the point, where the goddamn are we."

"Perco" Luz said looking at his friend, "Sobel's lost again, right?" "Yeah", "Goddamn!", they were full, they couldn't bear the man anymore he wasn't able to read a map, lead men or prepare a tactic.
"Hey, Luz? Can you do Major Horton? Maybe the major can get us to move." said Christenson smirking.
"I'm not gonna" "Oh yes" smiled Perconte. "Come on Luz" "Luz, you gotta".
"Ok, ok, just this once."

Can't fall even harder (Band of brothers/Richard Winters)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara