Myth and legends

In my mind it was the blue screen of death from Windows Vista. Esprit.exe has stopped working, please reboot the spirit.

I don't know how I looked for Geralt and Jaskier, but I was silent, my eyes fixed, some movement stopped in time.

"Ok, it's getting scary now." Had commented Jaskier.

I came to my senses a few seconds later. Mentally shaking my head, I finally blinked, reassuring the two men that I hadn't died of cardiac arrest.

"You want me to come with you?" I asked to reassure myself of what he had said.

"Yes."

"Why?"

"Why not?"

"I don't need you."

"Neither do I. But it turns out that I appreciate your presence much more than Jaskier's presence."

"Oi!" Rebelled the bard in question.

"But why? We have nothing whatsoever in common, I don't even like you that much! "

"You do", he growls. "And if you want a good argument I give you one. I know some people who could help you get home. Witches. "

"Do you trust them?" I asked seriously.

"Yes."

His golden eyes were still fixed in mine while his hand was still around my wrist. The warmth of his hand distracted me slightly, but I could think of the good sides as well as the bad sides of this tempting offer. In the end, I could only accept his offer. I nodded to give him my answer and he replied in his deep voice.

"Well. I finish buying food and we leave."

He turned around and returned to the merchant. Jaskier turned to me, a big smile on his lips.

"OH! it's great that you agreed to stay with us! Maybe during our travels, the inspiration will come to me and I could write new ballads! you could be my muse."

"Not even in your dreams..." I growled in annoyance. "Seriously, do you talk all the time?"

"Well. Someone is in a bad mood today. Maybe one of my songs will give you a smile and a good mood again? "

Was he kidding me or was he really serious?

"Dare to do even a single note with your lute and you'll end up shitting wood chips. "

"Okay," he said quickly, raising his hands in the air and suddenly stepping back, trembling like a rabbit about to be killed.

It made me breathe with fun and I put the card I had in my hands in one of the saddlebags that Sleipnir was carrying, twisting myself a little.

Geralt returned a few minutes later, with food which he too put in his satchel and climbed back onto his mare. Geralt left first, and I quickly followed him, with Jaskier running to join us too, the Witcher seemed to be going in a very specific direction and not even mi could turn him out of his way.

"Your sword is silver," he said as we stood side by side on our mounts.

"It was second-hand and cost me just over three months' salary I confirmed. "I bought it mainly because my old blade broke after killing some drowners during a hunt. I have read that monsters are more sensitive to silver than steel; it was mainly for this benefit that I bought it. Nothing else."

"And if you had had enough money to buy a new blade, what alloy would you have taken?" He asks curiously.

"What interrogation are you doing to me?" I teased gently. "But I think I would have taken a silver blade anyway. "