Daughters

Integrity, service, excellence. 

The three words that have been embedded into Daniel John Ford's brain ever since he started working for the Presidential Security Group in the Philippines. His job was to serve, protect and save lives. Work was his life, his life was his work.

“Agent Ford. My office now!” a short muscular man yelled as he stormed passed Daniel into an office. Daniel followed quickly and watched as the man yelled orders into his phone to his secretary and plopped down on to his chair.

"You're being reassigned. Your service for Vice President Robi is no longer needed," Daniel's boss, Chito, said as he threw a manila folder at him. Daniel opened it and looked through the files. Paparazzi pictures of the President appeared with numerous photos of his daughter from afar, along with numerous schedules of different people and profiles of the president and his daughter. 

"As you can tell from the folder you're going to be working for the President, Daniel. He has been getting death threats from anonymous people and we want to take precaution. You're assignment is to look after the first daughter, Kathryn. There have been specific threats towards her and her safety. Unfortunately Agent Roque couldn't handle her rich girl antics, so I'm counting on you to keep an eye out for her. You start tomorrow." Chito explained, looking straight into Daniel eyes, telling him that this assignment was to be taken seriously.

"Yes sir," Daniel replied as he nodded and left the office going towards his desk. He sat at his desk and stared at the pictures in the folder, stopping at a particular one and looking at it longer than the others.

At the age of 18, Daniel was the youngest to get his PSG badge and now at the age of 22, he was the youngest security agent to ever work for the President of the Philippines. He had a career only men could dream of. So why did he feel like something was missing?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

"PAPA!!!!" a scream yelled out in the grand hallway of a mansion. A young woman marched towards the office and furiously opened the door. Inside was a middle aged man sitting at his desk with numerous men in suits surrounding him, listening to him while he was talking.

"Kath..." the man said as he nodded towards the other men as a cue to leave the room. Once the door closed, he watched as his daughter paced back and forth staring at him with an angry look on her face. He knew she was mad, it wasn't something new. He was expecting it.

"Do you know how embarassing it was to have two old security guards drag me out of the club? My friends were there! Everyone was watching me!"  the 21 year old yelled as she raised her arms in annoyance.

Kathryn Chandria Bernardo, 21 years old and is known as The First Daughter of the Philippines. Being the daughter of the current President of the Philippines, Kathryn grew up around politicians and men in suits all her life. Her mother had passed shortly after she was born and her father never remarried because he was so busy with his work. Yes, she was popular and had money but that wasn't enough for her. Nothing wasn't ever enough for her.

"Kath, your safety is my first priority. Security informed me that there was a fight going on outside and I need to make sure you were safe at all times. I care about you,"  her father argued back in a emotionless tone she knew all too well.

"Well, what a great way of showing it Papa. Get your people to watch over me like a child again. Why can't you just let me live my life? Make my own decisions about my safety?" Kathryn answered in frustration. She was tired of her father dictating her every move. Even if he was never really present in her life, he was still controlling it.

"You're too young Kath. You don't know what you're talking about, you'll know when you become a parent," her father explained as he picked up his phone to make a call. As soon as he put the phone down, the men in suits came back into the room and everything was back to normal before she came and interrupted them. Kathryn stared in disbelief as her father just waved her off and went back to work. 'You shouldn't be surprised Kath, it's been like this since forever.' Kathryn's mind told herself as she tried to fight off her tears. Before anyone could see them fall, Kathryn turned around and left the room in frustration.

What she didn't notice was a pair of eyes behind a pair of Rayban aviators watching and following her every move.

AUTHOR'S NOTE:
I'm sorry that it's so short. That's what he said, lol.