It was an ancient voice, the voice of the forest which spoke through him. That was clear by the vacant look in Abelard's eyes.

"I am just glad that everything will be okay now. You will heal and so will the elves, now that the war is finally over." Ajana said, moving away from the tree.

"We shall." The trees responded through Abelard.

After that, Abelard was back to his old self, seemingly fully aware of what had been said through his mouth. Before Ajana's curiosity had the chance to make her ask something that might have been construed as too personal, Kieran ran into the clearing.

"Are you alright?" He asked Ajana, having learned what had happened.

"I am fine. Not even a scratch." She said.

Although it was clear that Kieran cared a lot about what happened to her, he still tried to hide it, but Ajana couldn't blame him. He grew up in a world where people died, and one couldn't allow oneself to care too much for another person.

However, she hoped that now that the war was over, Kieran would have the privilege of seeing what life could truly be like if people were to live in peace. The same privilege that Ajana was lucky enough to enjoy all her life.

"Now what?" Ajana asked.

"Now, you two go back to school," Wallace said, landing on Ajana's shoulder.

"Really?! After all this, I still have to go to school?" Kieran asked.

"If I know your father and I do, he will want to forge peaceful relations with Mag, and that would include you and probably your siblings going to Mag school. Of course, it will take a lot of convincing, but after what happened today, I am pretty sure that I can convince the people of Mag to accept that. However, it might take a few days. Just enough time for you to rest from all the fighting and enjoy the freedom of your world." Wallace said.

"Freedom? Did they get the king as well?" Kieran asked.

"Yes, they finally have. Your father sent me a message just now." Wallace said.

"That's great news," Kieran said.

"Well, I guess I'll see you around." He told Ajana.

As he moved to go, he ruffled Rex's pages and gave Bluebells a hoof five. After all, they would see each other again soon enough.

Funnily enough, as Kieran left, Kiran flew towards Ajana, moving quickly as if nervous.

"Did I do well?" He wrote in the air.

"You did a perfect job. You and your people helped so much. We couldn't have done it without you. We are all eternally grateful. " Ajana said.

"You are welcome. See you." Kiran wrote as he disappeared.

"Wallace, what about me? What happens to me now?" Ajana asked the moment her friend left.

"You go back to school. They'll probably give you a hero treatment for a while, but once the tests come around, they will forget all about your heroism and be as strict as could be." Wallace said.

Ajana could sense the smile in his voice. That was the only way to describe it since it was difficult to judge owls' moods based on their facial expressions, which were always the same.

Ajana nodded her head in agreement, although she wished they didn't treat her like a hero at all. She didn't see herself as one. After all, others have fought and died. They were the true heroes.

"Ready to go home?" Wallace asked.

"Home?" Ajana asked, thinking of her mother's warm embrace.

"To Mag. We need to straighten a few things. Besides, Cassie is probably worried sick about you. However, I promise that once you get some days off from school, I will take you to see your parents." Wallace promised.

"Okay, that sounds good. I miss them, you know?" Ajana said.

"I know. I promise, as soon as possible, I'll take you home to visit." Wallace said.

Stepping through the portal, Ajana was surprised to note that Wallace, Rex, Bluebells, and she exited the portal just in front of her host family's home. It didn't give her any time to prepare, having thought they would go to the Inbetween first.

"I wanted us to get her as soon as possible so my friend helped by giving me part of his magic," Wallace said reading her mind.

Before she had the time to say or think anything, Cassie rushed out of the house, hugging her tightly, and soon enough, they heard a patter of small feet, as Walnut and Nectarine ran towards her. When they reached her, they hugged her tightly as well.

"We were worried." Nectarine said.

"I am okay. Everything is better than okay." Ajana said.

That was when it finally hit her that it was. Everything was much better than she thought it could be. Her host family was like a second family to her, and it felt good to be in her second home, safe from the harms of the world. At least for the time being.

Knowing that thinking about the future or the past was futile, Ajana decided to focus on the warmth and love that she was showered with and enjoy the company of her magical companions.

She might have looked like just a girl with an owl, but she knew she was much more than that. She was part of something truly beautiful, and she planned to enjoy it as much as she could and prevent anyone from trying to taint that beauty.

THE END