Garden Dweller

I decided to make another narrative poem following the POV of the Owl. This was inspired by Judith Beveridge poem, Flower of Flowers (of course she gets all the credit for my inspiration) mine is different to hers as this is about how a garden is a bed full of history and knowledge and incorporating themes from the Owls Tale. I kind of wanted a Mirkwood cross garden of eden story. Again I'm still a rookie with this so apologise for any grammatical mistakes, enjoy the next part of The Owls Tales.

____________________________________

Garden Dweller

A smell rising from the soil, allowing desire for: potato, peas and lemon, is a witness to a bloom in puberty. Red deliciousness coating fruitful lips, growing stubborn contemplations, for indulgence - celery in peanut butter, kale-salads to puréed beverages, lusted, as they slowly peak through their muddy bed. Olive pips remain scattered, shrivelled, waiting for Superb Fairy-Wren to brush against the September breeze. Spring waking Winter, with cool, alerted light. Through the Violet and Marjoram, the Garden Dweller, starry-eyed to the cypress and acorns moulting by the oak, awoke... closed eyes can never erase this fate. Caressing baby breath, lullabies, stormy nights, birdsong whistles till wait of morning. Loving of rain, joyful in sunshine, restful through snow... beautiful and faithful. Giving just as much as receiving, understanding, so words won't have the same meaning, carefree to never know fear with in a cage.

Garden knowledge buried deep, with flesh and bone, pilling frustration, if only to know why. Daffodils, Gladioli, Camellia, guarding from crane demolishers. Moon Orchid, Snap Dragon, Chameleons hidden, never allowing anything be taken. Through the path of night, glow worms buzz under the porch light. Vines dance along catching ankles, knives and forks set ready at the table. Awaiting the harvest. Sweet Pea, Lavender soothing the Queen, Anne who made lace, a flower. The Garden Dweller leaves, glancing once last time, yearning Middlemist Red, a rarity... only to hold it before leaving the garden.