Chapter 20.- "In that place"

Start from the beginning

"It's great to see you guys, Hawkins is really a small town and it's strange that we haven't coincided these days". Nancy said sincerely, she loved the company of Steve and Robbin.

"If you had gone to look for the plans yourself, we could have planned something fun, you didn't have to send Henderson". Steve rebuked pretending to be offended. Nancy's smile disappeared little by little, as she tried to understand the words she heard. "Plans? ... What are you talking about?".

"The plans of the starcourt mall!, Henderson stole them from my house and left a note saying that you needed them for one of your articles about what happened last year, the little shit just had to ask for them, keep thinking that life is like a fucking spy comic, you will not believe what he did, he entered through the window and ... ".

"Steve, Steve, Steve,stop" . Nancy raised her voice when Steve began to wander. "I did not ask Dustin for any plans, I am not even working on an article at this time".

"Ok let's keep calm." Jonathan interrupted Nancy. "Guys, please, help me remember what exactly those plans are".

"I remember them perfectly." Robbin responded. "These are the general plans of the starcourt mall, including every corner of the building, the ventilation ducts, electrical system, emergency exits, warehouses, everything!". Steve nodded frantically at Robbin's words.

"That helped us get into that place, that's how we got to that underground Russian base, I don't understand what the hell they would need them for, at least ... oooh shit".

"Where is Dustin?" Jonathan's tone showed that he was starting to get scared, he knew that if Dustin was involved in some dangerous plan, Will too.

"I saw him very early, he was heading to Nancy's house, in fact he had some things in his backpack, he told me that he would meet Mike to go to school and check some shit from the science fair and ..." . "seriously idiot?!!". Robbin gave Steve a heavy blow to the head.

"It's Christmas holidays, the school is closed !!" . "And as hell I'm going to know that? , those shitheads are so nerds, I wouldn't be surprised if the director gave them the key to the building". Steve was rubbing his head, wincing.

"Listen". Jonathan took a long breath, trying to keep calm. "They're together, I know ... and now I have a bad feeling, we need to get with my mom ... Steve, do you have your car?". Steve threw the keys into the air to catch them smiling pretentiously.

"always".

.................................

Dustin's House 8:20 PM

.................................

"This house is definitely an easy target, no surveillance camera circuit, the door has only one lock and for God's sake, there is a copy of the key under that mat, if they are going to do something as reckless as that should make sure the mat is not transparent! ".

"Are you going to pass or not? Or you can stay outside and keep criticizing the Henderson's house?". Joyce opened the door making Murray a sign to enter.

"Are you alone?". Murray asked as he scanned the place with his eyes.

"For now...Claudia returns from work at 9 and the guys... in fact I don't know where they are, but they aren't here, what new information have you obtained? We need to enter that place, look for Hopp, we can't wait any longer". Joyce's tone sounded impatient and very desperate, she knew that entering such a place would not be easy but every day that passed was less likely to help Hopper.

"I know, I know". Murray raised his hands in surrender. "I swear I've been working on that, in fact everything was ready, my plan was to talk to you today and our search started tomorrow, but a couple of hours ago something happened, the guards who were guarding the instead they presented strange behaviors, the security cameras were destroyed and none of them remember how it happened ".

"I don't understand, I thought Owens would help us". "And he will!" Murray interrupted.

"Joyce, someone managed to circumvent security and enter the building, it is not safe until I know who and why, that place is a bunker, only a specialized team would get in, I am waiting for Owens' call, fortunately they have a camera hidden that shows us a correct angle, we can see who approached the place in the last hours, I have a special intercom, he will contact me when he have some information ... ". And as an irony of fate, Murray's intercom began to emit an alert sound.

"Ha! Here it is, it is ringing, is him! " . he walked away a little looking to improve the signal, at the same moment the front door opened, Joyce's face changed from worry to surprise when she saw Jonathan, Nancy, Steve and Robbin enter the house.

"Guys, it's nice to see you together but... what are you doing here? Are you all right?". Joyce noticed how agitated they were.

"Mom... Have you seen Will today? Please tell me the guys are here.". Jonathan still had some hope.

"No ... they are at Lucas's house ... What's going on?!" . Joyce approached Jonathan losing the little peace of mind she had left.

"Mom we think the kids are in trouble, I know it seems impossible but I think they tried to approach the Starcourt I didn't know maybe they heard us, somehow they know about Hopp and ...".

"Sorry to get me into this family discussion". Steve interrupted.

"I think we just have to go to the Starcourt and talk to the security people, ask if they have seen any stupid teenagers out there, I know that the guys could make a plan to get in and all that shit, but that place is protected by the government of the United States!!, they will not be able to achieve it and... ".

"I think Mr. Harrington ...". Murray with a remarkable paleness on his face interrupted Steve as he dropped the intercom to the ground. "that we should stop underestimating those teenagers".

"Murray ... their are .. are" . Joyce said almost breathlessly, anticipating with terror the words Murray would say.

"Yes ... It was Owens ... They have the surveillance video ... it's them, they came in ... we have to go, everybody to the cars now, now!!".

.................................

Starcourt mall 9:30 PM

...................................

The road to the Starcourt facilities was eternal, fortunately Dr. Owens was there waiting for them, It was obvious for his face, that he had no good news.

"Owens !! Where is my son and all the guys??, enter that damn place and get them out of there how difficult it can be, it's just a stupid mall!! ".

" they are not in the mall facilities the Sra Byers ". Owens responded to Joyce while his gaze was fixed on the floor.

"Well,Well, then I guess they went down to that Russian base, right?". Robbin sounded relieved, as if they really weren't facing a big problem. "I mean we've been there before, right Steve?".

"Right, we know where the elevators are, the area is now safe, we just have to go down and look for them, that is, they can't go anywhere else, right?". Steve didn't feel comfortable with the look on Dr. Owens' face.

"I...". The doctor thought very well the words he would use.

"I know the road perfectly, we have gone down to the base and inspected the whole place...I can assure you that they are not there ... they ... they crossed".

"Did they cross?" Nancy repeated, hoping that what she was thinking was not real, he won't be talking about ... no, it can't be real". she said shaking her head hard.

"I'm sorry but it's true, there is no other explanation, they managed to open the portal enough to enter ... they are, they are ... in that place".

Hi guys, here's one more chapter, please let me know what you think 💕💕💕💕💕

Eli ...