Chapter 1!!- Beautiful Werewolf?

Hey ppls ok so the ***** in the story mean POV change. The change is usually only between the prince and the girl so dont get confused. Also ignore the _____ line because i could not get it to go away!! :(

But Please comment or vote!! Oh and originally this was going to be way longer but it was three pages in the word document so thats the best i can do for now!! More will be posted later!!

Copyright@2010

Between The Battle Lines-

 Chapter 1!!- Beautiful Werewolf?

          "My Prince?" asked a timid voice.

I nodded the maid in.

"I am sorry for the intrusion, your highness, but the guards just caught a wolf sneaking around back." She sneered.

"Thank you. I'll be right out." I replied. A wolf sneaking into my territory?! Have they become suicidal? As much as I hated werewolves, I sooo did not want the war to start up again because some stupid animal would not stay in its place!! I would just kill the wretched creature if it wouldn't have just re-sparked the war. And that's all we need, I thought, another bloody war!!

************

This has never ever happened to me!! I thought, furious. I've never gotten caught on enemy land!! Ugh... I was just doing a routine job when my foot twisted and gotten stuck on the buildings metal gates. They wouldn't have found me, if I had just gotten out of there in time and not stayed to scan out my surroundings but no!! I got stuck and cornered by some random vamp guard. Now I'm sitting here waiting. Probably for my own death, all because of some stupid guard. The guards had found my desperately yanking on my foot all alone. They got cocky and let their hatred of wolves take over, beating the crap out of me in the process. As I sat there glaring down every vampire leering in my direction, the doors opened and someone hauled me to my feet. Wincing in pain, I looked up to see the Vampire Prince strolling through the doors, looking annoyed.

**********

I walked through the doors annoyed at this wolf breaking into our territory. All the werewolves I had seen were bloodthirsty and corrupt creatures with faces to match. I must admit that in the war, those were the only wolves I saw. So I was surprised when I gazed up to see a beautiful girl glaring up at me. I was amazed. She was stunning! Bright green eyes peeked out of long dark brown hair. She had a small curvy body with pale white skin. She was about 5'4" and could've passed as a vampire if she was taller. Even with most of her body battered and bruised, she was beautiful! I was so surprised!! I thought all wolves were ugly and disgusted but I couldn't have been more wrong. She did look slightly familiar but I pushed that away as I couldn't remember from where. She was smirking so I quickly looked down and stared angrily at the floor for I realized that I had been staring. How could I help it though when the most beautiful creature stood before me? All I wanted to do was hold her in my arms but I resisted. By the way she was glaring I could most definitely tell she wasn't on my side. I quickly motioned for everyone to relax as I took my throne. My father and brother were away on business, so I was in charge. Motioning for the guard that captured this girl to speak, I fixed a disinterested look on my face while inside I was burning with curiosity.

"I was walking down my route when I saw this here wolf," he sneered, "standing there like an idiot, just waiting to be caught! So I..."

"I wasn't just standing there!! I got stuck in a metal gate, you idiot!" the girl interrupted, "I wouldn't just let you bozo's just catch me like that. I..." She stopped as the guard stopped holding her upright slapped her, hard. Just watching that made me want to flinch but I refrained and schooled my face into its mask. She stood back and glared at the guard.

"As I was saying" the guard spat, "I called the other..."

I cut him off as I rose to walk towards the girl. The girl bravely stood her ground and glared at me hard.  The guard, thinking that I wanted to punish the girl for her outburst, raised his hand to backhand her. I quickly caught his arm and stared him down. Embarrassed now, the guard shot the girl a hateful look before respectively taking a step back so I could do whatever I wanted to her. Forgotten of her anger the girl looked at me with curiosity. It made my heart beat faster but I showed nothing.

"What is your name?" I asked looking at her plainly, while my stomach was flipping.

"Shay." The girl replied softly but glaring none the less. Shay had a soft angelic voice when she wasn't yelling and I wanted her to talk again. I nodded to show I heard. After a few seconds I said,

"Well Shay I would love to hear as to what you were doing in my territory. You do know that it's against the agreement to step over our line."

She stood her ground, stared icily and said nothing. In all honesty, I was tired of all her glaring and I just wanted to find out why she was here.

"As to what I see, you already got a beating. Which I didn't authorize," I stared at the guards. They all squirmed under my piercing gaze.

"King Andrew and Prince William always demand that wolves, when found get a good lashing! We went pretty easy on her actually." grumbled one of the guards.

"King Andrew and Prince William aren't here!!" I snarled, "And until they return you will do as I say! Is that clear?!"

"Yes my prince." The guards mumbled.

"And doing as I say doesn't involve beating up defenseless woman. Even if they are wolves!" I hissed, "What kind of men are we if we give into that?"

The guards cast their gaze down ashamed. I looked around to see Shay staring up at me in shock and wonder. I quickly ordered the guards to lock her in her chamber until further questions could be asked. Shay quickly snapped out of her revere at glowered at the floor. I sighed as the guards took the beautiful Shay down the hall. This was going to be a long day.

************

The story will pick up in the next part so chill out!!