three

"You don't meet a girl like that every dynasty."

Mulan lays on her crowded bed, too lazy to clean it at the moment. She reads her book holding it in the air, listening to her playlist for relaxing. Mushu is on the right side of her, propped on a pillow. Turning the page, she yawns the tenth time in under fifteen minutes. Staying up until two in the morning isn't the best idea to live by, at least for her. Mulan insists that when she finishes this chapter, she'll sleep.

That was five chapters ago.

 With her phone vibrating, she rolls on her side to check who is texting her at this hour. 

Hey, Li texts. Do you want to go somewhere? My room is boring me to no end. 

Where would you want to go? My parents would kill me, anyway. She yawns (again) and stretches. 

Anywhere. Wherever you desire to go, my lady. 

Is that my new nickname? You haven't called me that before, and we've only been dating for a month. We're moving too fast, Li... Mulan furrows her eyebrows. 

You don't like it? I'll come up with something else instead. Know what? I'll pick you up in fifteen. Make sure you are dressed, but casual. Preferably in black. 

Ooh, you're making me feel like we're about to rob a bank. I'm literally shivering with anticipation right now because of you. 

He only replies with a smirking emoji. 

...

Later, Mulan opens her blinds to see him parked outside her house. 

Walking to the car door, she sees that he isn't wearing black. 

"You scammed me," she pouts, sitting in the passenger's seat. 

"Whatever do you mean, my lady?" Li smirks, but this time not in emoji form. 

"I mean that you aren't wearing black. I thought we were robbing a bank."

"I never said that," he starts the engine and backs out of her parent's driveway. "You did. I just told you to wear black." 

"But why?" Mulan questions. He rests his hand on hers. 

"Because I like it when you wear black." He smiles at her. 

"I'm not sure if that was supposed to be romantic, but hey. I'll take it, Li."