Chapter 14 - The Wedding

Saturday, 19 January 2019.
Maya Hunter laid awake for a big part of the night as she tried to prepare herself for this one moment which will change her whole life.
After today she is Josh Matthew's wife and then she'll have to cope with a lot of the stuff coming with it.
Maya gets out of bed as it is still dark.
Five-thirty says the clock and she exhales.
Her wedding is at nine so she still has plenty of time but she does realize she will never be ready.
She jumped into the shower pulling some jeans and a shirt over her head before she heard a knock on the door.

"Come in," Maya said as she saw Amy.
"Hey, you ready darling?" Amy asked and gave Maya a cup of coffee.
"Thanks. Yeah, I am. Gosh, I can't believe in a matter of three hours I'm getting married to my first love," Maya said.
"You were his as well. Okay let's start on getting you ready for the thing. Let's start with hair," Amy said as Maya sat down in front of the vanity.
"Okay, I was thinking of a few curls in front and then a half up do here at the back," Amy said.
"Sounds perfect to me," Maya said.
"And for make-up something very light. Natural and simple," Amy said.
"Perfect. Just what I was thinking about," Maya said.
"Let's start," Amy said.

Maya's wedding outfit

~

Amy did Maya's make-up and hair before she went in front for awhile.
It was so unsure about what was going to happen and as the time got nearer to nine she got nervous.
People have started to arrive and Maya doesn't know how she will cope with everything.
She hears a knock on the door and sees her future brother-in-law and we'll as sister-in-law.

"Wow. Josh won't know what hit him. You ready, Kid?" Eric said.
"Hey, Eric. Think I am. I couldn't be more excited, more nervous, more frightened in my whole life. This is it. After this I am married to my first love and there is no going back," Maya said.
"You won't. You won't go back. I know you well enough to know this is what you've been looking for, for awhile. I'm happy to have a sister-in-law like you," Eric said.

"Yeah, get out of here. Joshua probably needs help with something. How you feeling?" Morgan said.
"I'm ready for this thing," Maya said.
"And I can't be happier to gain such a successful sister-in-law. Saw the channel. And I can't wait until you become Mrs Josh Matthews. Or what is it that you call him?" Morgan asked and Maya smiles.
"Boing. I'm becoming Mrs Boing today. So weird. Now that I've known that kind of love I don't want to imagine my life differently," Maya said and Eric came in with an envelope with the writing 'gorgeous' on it.

"Josh wants me to give this to you," Eric said.
"Gorgeous?" Morgan asked as Maya took the envelope.
"His nickname for me. Gosh, I'm gonna cry," Maya said.
"Morgan, can I ask you something?" Maya asked and Morgan nod.
"Would you be my bridesmaid? I know it's short notice but I have the dress yet no bridesmaid," Maya said.
"I'll go get dressed. At least we still have an hour," Morgan said and went to get dressed.

"I like the idea of a eighteen year old sister-in-law. Good luck," Eric said and left the room.

Maya took a deep breathe before she opened the envelope.
She was shaking due to how nervous she was and couldn't even start to read it.
Morgan came out of the bathroom and Maya smiled.