Volume 1 {Chapter 1: Emerald Forest}

Emerald Forest. Well known for its Grimm infestations and initiation for Beacon Academy students. It was a lush forest, born from the ruins of old and left forgotten.

The leaves on the ground that fell from the trees swayed left and right, creating a rupture among the peace in the forest. It kept swaying back and forth in disarray with winds picking up. A glyph appeared above the trees as its sheer appearance made branches shake violently.

Coming out of the glyph was a young male with a sword and shield on his back. Y/N was still knocked out from the travel so he could be seen sleeping as his figure slowly drop from the glyph and floated up there for a while.

...before letting him fall to the ground, hard.

"Ow. Couldn't let me sleep for a while... longer?" As he finished his sentence, Y/N looked at his surroundings to see a forest around him. "Where... am I?" Checking to see if his weapons were on his back and if his clothes had changed, which were not, Y/N assessed the location of where he was.

"Alright. So I'm lost in a random forest, which I assume is the Emerald Forest, and have nowhere to go other than forward. Maybe there's a compass?" In his field of vision, on the top lies a compass. A straight line with the symbol of each direction on where to go. "Sweet. Now I can't get lost so, where is Beacon?"

With a random direction picked, Y/N set off. It was probably mid-day of how high the sun is shining so Y/N should have enough time to find the academy before nightfall and if he ever encounters any Grimm, that's where his weapons come in play.

While walking, he wondered if he should tell Ozpin about his situation and mission, to kill both him and Salem to end the endless war. Surely Ozpin would want in since he really wants to end but a desperate man will do anything with nothing to lose, so maybe Ozpin will lie about it and will end it himself but fail. Thinking about Salem using the power of a god made shivers go down in Y/N's spine as the destruction would be imminent. Not to mention that this particular god is the messenger of the gods so interdimensional travel wouldn't be out of his league.

Y/N shook off the idea and focused on finding Beacon so that he would have an idea of where to go.

He just hopes his mission would be taken lightly.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Ozpin sighed at his desk atop of Beacon Tower, the gears ticking in rythem to soothe a headsche he has to deal with. Like last year, Ozpin combed through each students applicants to ensure that the best of the best Hunters and Huntresses attend. No room for the weak and spineless.

However, it seems the roster has increased up to 20%, especially for a certain rumor that a champion and heiress will attend Beacon Academy so now he has to find the people who are willing to attend to those who want to see the two duke it out.

"I swear, children need more control." Moments like these are what made him really grateful he hired Glynda. That woman can instantly stop a problem with just her stare only, combine that with her semblance and looks then you get Headmistress of Beacon.

A small laugh did wonders to ease his tension and so, he continued on. Glynda and the rest of the staff were currently enjoying their monthly break that happens every decade so Ozpin is left to sort out the applicants.

Fighting off the urge to sigh, he tended to his mug filled with coffee. "Ugh, instant brew." Ozpin immediately regretted his decision to drink the murk filled water. While there was nothing wrong with a cup of brewed beans, the taste is what separates the good and the worst. And Ozpin has had enough of the stupid contraption that is instant coffee. "At this point, I may as well open a cafe. Or hire a personal barista." Shaking his head, he persevered the taste and needed the extra energy needed for the final push.