"Love, I drink life as it comes without chaser."

(Picture of Jordan on the side)

Aiming with power and accuracy, I struck the football and watched as it flew into the far corner of the goalpost. With a satisfied grin, I went to retrieve the ball. My light brown hair which was tied into a pony tail and my bangs were beginning to fall out, framing my face. Once again returning to the penalty spot, I re-aimed putting all my anger and frustration into this shot. As usual, it soared gracefully into the goal. My grey eyes twinkled with pride. It was so great to have a full sized football field in my backyard. Sighing, I realized that this was one benefit of living with my brother. 

My name is Alexis Santos and I am seventeen. One month ago, my parents went through a nasty divorce. My mother Elizabeth Santos is a fashion designer and she decided to move to London after their divorce but I didn't want to leave America. After all I had only been here for 6 years. I was born and grew up in Trinidad, a pretty Caribbean island but my father, who was originally from New Jersey, made us relocate when I was eleven in hopes of expanding his law firm. Daddy dearest decided to move back to Trinidad after the divorce. That leaves me. My brother is a year two law student in Miami and rather than choosing either of my parents to live with and risk ruining a relationship with the other, I chose to complete my final year of high school in Miami.

Mom and dad agreed to this and dad bought a huge house in South Beach for us as my brother was renting on campus before. It had everything you could dream of. A pool, game room, football field, you name it! Needless to say my brother was notorious for throwing the best parties. ( I had only been with him for a week and was anxious to experience one). Mom determined not to be outdone, bought us the coolest cars and basically anything else we wanted. Sure, my brother and I were spoiled, but since our parents put us through so much crap we saw this as compensation.

Perspiration soaked my old Argentina t-shirt and I decided to call it a day. I trudged towards the large olive green house and strolled up the outdoor staircase in the back. The staircase lead to a huge verandah that wrapped around the house and had entrances to each room. Leaning against the banister on the verandah, I saw the beach in the distance and felt the breeze running through my hair. I took in the gorgeous scenery for a few minutes and turned to enter my room before coming face to face with my brother.

"Allygator! Get changed! My friends are coming over. It's time you met the bastards!" my brother,Jordan , instructed me. "I'm gonna run to the grocery and pick up some beer and food. Need anything? Wait the grocery doesn't sell lives."

Shaking my head both as a negative response to the question and at my brother's fail attempt at humor I wondered if he actually was 21. I flipped him off before heading into my room through the large French doors and pulled my dark purple drapes shut. Quickly, I jumped into the shower which was in the bathroom in my room and changed into a loose Bring Me The Horizon top and dark denim cut offs which emphasized my toned legs. Slipping on a pair of vans, I went outside.

Chilling by the bar were two guys. One of whom I instantly recognized.

"Andrew!" I yelled happily and jumped into his arms just as he stood up. He spun me around before putting me back down and affectionately pecking me on the cheek.  He stood extremely tall at 6 foot 2 and grinned at me and I realized how much I missed this asshole. However I realized how the other guy was looking between us. I instantly decided I wanted to make a big first impression and exchange a look with Andrew. His blue eyes twinkled and I knew he had caught on to my train of thought instantly.