Lesson 3: What drives your life?

LESSON 3: What drives your life?
Text: 1 John 2:15-17

Do not love this world nor the things it offers you, for when you love the world, you do not have the love of the Father in you. For the world offers only a craving for physical pleasure, a craving for everything we see, and pride in our achievements and possessions. These are not from the Father, but are from this world. And this world is fading away, along with everything that people crave. But anyone who does what pleases God will live forever.
1 John 2:15‭-‬17 NLT

INTRODUCTION:

We as a christian, we must be the light of this world. Pero ang tanong ngayon, anong klaseng ilaw ka ba? Iyong steady? (*Note: Use your phone's flashlight or any light as an illustration) O iyong sumasabay lang sa beat?

2 Characteristic of Man's Life

Perspective means ito iyong pananaw mo, saan ka nga ba nag fofocus?

1. Worldly Perspective

So then, since Christ suffered physical pain, you must arm yourselves with the same attitude he had, and be ready to suffer, too. For if you have suffered physically for Christ, you have finished with sin.  You won’t spend the rest of your lives chasing your own desires, but you will be anxious to do the will of God.
1 Peter 4:1‭-‬2 NLT

A. Lust of flesh
- Dito maraming nag fefail. Kasi once na flesh na ang pinag uusapan it's controlling kasi own desires mo iyan and ito ang na cocontrol ni satan saatin.

B. Lust of the Eyes
- Masaya tayo sa mga nakikita natin na mali naman sa paningin ng Lord pero ginagawa nating tama sa paningin natin.

C. Pride of Life
- Hinahabol sa kung ano ang hinihingi ng mundo, mas focus doon to the point na wala ng time for God.

2. Godly Perspective

Do you have the gift of speaking? Then speak as though God himself were speaking through you. Do you have the gift of helping others? Do it with all the strength and energy that God supplies. Then everything you do will bring glory to God through Jesus Christ. All glory and power to him forever and ever! Amen.
1 Peter 4:11 NLT

The reality is following God means forgetting and letting Him handle our own desires as we start focusing and doing His will. Dapat mas iniisip natin ang ikaluluwalhati at ikatataas ng pangalan ng Lord sa buhay natin sa mundong ito hindi ang ating mga sarili dahil ang Lord na ang bahala saatin kapag tayo ay naging tapat sakanya.

CONCLUSION:

We must live in holiness and righteousness. Always remember that we can't do that if we are apart from God. So let God drives our life as we continue being His light in this world.

God’s will is for you to be holy, so stay away from all sexual sin. Then each of you will control his own body and live in holiness and honor— not in lustful passion like the pagans who do not know God and his ways.
1 Thessalonians 4:3‭-‬5 NLT