Sunday Dinner (part 2)

Start from the beginning

"Okay. I deserve that. I understand." She said.

"Dinners ready y'all. Yall can come and sit down." One of Landons cousins said from the kitchen.

We all headed that way and to say it was awkward was an understatement. Landons mom looked so sad and for the first time today I kind of felt bad for the lady but what do you expect. After you toss your child out on the street because of their sexual preference, dont call, text, stop by to make amends or apologize in any kind of way, drag his name through the dirt and make him look like a bad person, and a bunch of other shit, what do you expect? A fucking hug and a thank you? For him to come running back into your arms?? Uuhm no! As much as they think things can go back to normal, they never will.

We were all seated at the dining table, and everyone was looking at us like we had 3 heads attached to our bodies or something. We didnt touch the food yet because we were waiting for his father to come out. Finally he came in and was kind of surprised to see us.

"Let's pray." He said and everyone grabbed hands and bowed their heads.

After the prayer we all began to eat. There were a lot of side conversations going on and everytime I looked at Landons Dad he looked like he was upset.

"So. Does anyone want to tell me what's going on?" He said all of a sudden as he continued to eat his food.

"What do you mean honey?" Ms. Sharlene said and she looked honestly confused.

"I mean the extra guests in my house. Dont play stupid Sharlene." He said looking at her as he stopped eating.

I dont know why but the disrespect in his tone was not sitting right with me. I understand the Ms. Sharlene is just as messed up as he is but no one deserves to be talked to like that especially in a room full of family members with the most of them being your children and grandchildren.

"Well I invited them over for dinner becau-" She started to explain herself but he cut her off.

"And you didnt think to run that by me first?" He said staring at her. She held his stare for a second before looking away.

"ANSWER ME!" He screamed and smacked the dinner table making everyone jump out of fright and the stuff on the table shake.

"No I didn't." She said putting her head down. I looked at her like 'what the hell?!?!'

"What if I didnt want them in my house. Which I do not. You ask me can you do stuff like that first before you hop up and just do it." He said.

The disgust

"Why are you talking to her like that?" Landon said with a confused look.

"Why are you worried about it. You aren't apart of this family therefore it's not of your concern so stay out of my business." His father said with his fists balled up.

"Jared you dont have to talk to hi-" His mother started but was once again cut off.

"Shut the hell up Sharlene."He said and she just looked down.

What in the entire fuck is going on with her? Why is she letting him talk to her like that?

"Yo you're not gonna keep disrespecting her like you ain't got no sense man." Landon said wiping his hands and sitting up.

"You not finna talk to me like we're equal." Jared said pointing his finger at Landon.

"You right we not equal. I'm clearly above you cause you're throwing a tantrum like a little ass kid. Are you not an adult Jared?" Landon said not taking his eyes off his father.