What's Really Up

"Landon if you don't bring your ass, you gone be pulling up with Mommy!" I yelled from the living room to Landon's room.

Its 4:45 and if we don't leave now we're gonna be late.

"Look I know you're tryna get coach of the year award...but you can't rush perfection baby!" He said coming down the stairs.

"Well Mr. Perfection better perfect his damn timing or his ass gone be walking." I said and he rolled his eyes laughing while we walked out the door.

Pulling up to the school I parked and got out the car rushing to get to the pit.

"OK so imma go holla at one of my hoes and I'll meet you at the bottom." He said walking towards the school.

"Boy boo. You know you ain't got no hoes stop playing." I said walking towards the field.

"Whatever. I'll see you later. Love you. Good luck." He said then jogged to the school entrance.

Walking on the field I saw Coach Trent talking to Bryson I thought about the conversation with Landon earlier. Bryson and I are good friends we never thought about being together as a couple and we both know that it wouldn't work out. I decided that I was going to talk to him before the game and ask him about the situation between him and Micah. I guess he had the same idea because he started running towards me.

"Hey Rayne" He said.

"Hey Bryson. How are you?"

"Feeling pretty good today. Uh Coach T wanted to go over a couple of things with you before the game."

"Oh OK."

"Ummm there's something else I wanted to talk to you about." He said as we walked to one of the benches next to us.

"What's up?" I asked even though I already know what he's about to say.

"So me and Micah were talking today and he said something to me that caught me off guard low key" He said scratching in his head.

"Yeah what happened?"

"Well he said that y'all was together. Is that true. Like what's really up with y'all?" He said looking so confused.

"I mean for a second I thought y'all was a thing or whatever but I forgot about that shit and I didnt think you and Micah would be together. I mean I never saw y'all together or anything. So like what's going on?" He said.

"Well.....me and Micah had something going on. And Landon told me what happened between y'all and I'm sorry he came at you like that. He shouldn't have done that." I said looking at the bleachers across the field.

"Woooow. You got a lot of explaining to do. Both of y'all! Why you ain't ever say nothing? Why didnt anyone know?"

"It was a secret Bryson." I said looking at anything but him for a few seconds. When I looked back at him his eyes were wide and his mouth was a little open.

"Yoooooo. Y'all wildin. What the fuck! Bruh! Rayne! You sitting here telling me that you and that dumb ass nigga Micah been in a secret relationship?! Since when?"

"Since like the 9th grade."

"WHAT! Bruh I think im bout to have a heart attack or some shit. I feel like my daughter just told me she got a boyfriend or something. Yo that's crazy for real.This whole time Rayne?! Wait! Why was it a secret though?"

"I don't know. At first he said he wanted to keep it a secret to keep his image in tact. I was young and dumb so I agreed cause I thought it was the right thing to do and I really liked him. But I got older and I just started seeing shit for what it really is. I guess we dont look like we go together so him being with me wouldve been bad for his rep or whatever." I said shrugging my shoulders.

"Wait what?! Thats the dumbest shit I've ever heard. You beautiful as fuck and any nigga here would kill to be with you. Even the ones that talk shit but that's cause of your smart ass mouth. But still! You have a good ass heart, you smart, you don't judge people, you not scary, you not a bitch, and you dont be out thotting and bopping for the whole school. I dont know what that Nigga smoking but it gotta be dicks if he had you in the secret closet." He said. I just shrugged my shoulder, Bryson wasn't the first person to tell me that and when I finally started learning my worth and being more confident I started believing what they were saying.

"Yeah. I don't know what's going on with him but he really wants us to get back together and he talking about he'll change but I'm not tryna hop back in and he be on that bullshit again." I said shaking my head.

"I knew something was off but that Nigga lately cause we been cool but he been tripping on everybody. I thought he was just going through some shit at home or the stress with college and shit approaching. I don't know. But I never thought that it was you. If anything that I thought that ole girl was gone be the one to snatch him up for a check but I guess not." He said looking like he was trying to figure out the galaxy.

"Bryson you look like you're about to shit your pants because of this. Don't think too far into it."

"Rayne I'm just tryna understand why this nigga had you locked in the basement. The shit just don't make sense. Then he ran up on me like I was out here just hitting it from the back and Rayne you know we don't get down like that. I see you more as a sister not my damn girl but if you was my girl I wouldn't be hiding it from the world."

"Yo what the fuck is this! You really tryna push up on my girl after I told you to back the fuck off Nigga! We heard from behind us. Turning around it was Micah and he was mad as hell.

"Micah what the hell are you talking about?" I said.

"What you mean what I'm talking about. This Nigga clearly said if you was his girl he wouldn't hide you from the world. I heard that shit with my ears Rayne." He said walking closer to us.

"Micah bruh ain't nobody pushing up on Rayne. Me and Rayne don't even get down like that and I told your dumb ass that. And as far as I'm concerned if I wanted to get at Rayne I could and I would treat her better than you." Bryson said walking up to Micah not backing down. At this moment I felt like I had to defuse the situation before they start fighting then neither one of them would be able to play tonight.

"Guys. We can talk about this another time. You guys need to get your minds right for this game. Please don't argue. You guys have to work together today and arguing isnt really going to help." I said.

"Yeah we'll talk about it another time. Just tell me when and where." Bryson said looking at Micah the whole time. He picked up his helmet and ran to where the locker rooms are.

Micah didnt move yet. He stood there looking sexy as ever just staring at me. I had to keep repeating to myself dont fall for it.

"So thats what we doing now Rayne? You really tryna hop on that niggas dick Rayne?" He said. I was appalled because.....did he really just try me?

"Oh Micah kiss my ass. Bryson just told you that we not even like that. If you would stop being so stubborn then you would know that. And you need to stop snapping on people because you can't get your shit together. We're not together right now Micah so you can't go around claiming me. You should've been doing that when we were together."

"Rayne... Look..... Im dealing with this the best way I know how. I already told you I'm not giving you up that easily. You are mine whether we're together right now or not. I'm tired of not being with you-"

"Well I was tired of being your secret girlfriend. Micah, I was young and stupid and would do anything to be with you but now everything is different. I can't be with you like that anymore. If you can't be with me in the public eye then you can't be with me at and I'll find someone else to be with."

"Rayne. Try me if you want to. I will blow this bitch up and not think twice about it if you even think about doing that shit." He said lowly.

"Micah thats not fair and you know it!"

"Well that sounds like it ain't my problem.You just make sure you remember who you belong to. I ain't one of these regular ass niggas and you know that. I told you I'm trying to get my shit together and get you back and that shit is going to happen." He said walking up to me. He kissed my forehead then walked to the locker room. 

I stood there confused as hell. What the fuck is really going on in my life.