the girl who waited

Dear dad,
I'm sorry, I've tried over and over again to write this , I don't know exactly how I feel about you anymore. You were so good at acting as if you cared, as if Risa, and I meant the world to you. But then the divorce happened, you'd throw away money as if it were trash , and started not showing up. The next morning , you'd call us with your usual hang over , apologizing. "I had work, I'm sorry girls." You'd mumble , but I always knew where you were , I knew why you wouldn't show up , I understand , you let your addiction get the best of you, but as you see I'm growing up , and moving on, I am so sorry I seem so ungrateful . Trust me, that isn't what I meant to imply at all, there was just so many times you broke your promises , and never came through, I get that you're a lot better now, and you're actually trying to be apart of our lives , but getting so upset over a silly day that only happens once a year is pointless. I mean my birthday happens once a year , altogether the night of my eleventh birthday you never showed up , more than likely gambling away all of what you have. I didn't overreact , but now because of one simple day you've decided to not be apart of our lives anymore . I didn't even do anything wrong, I didn't even want to go to that damn concert. But I guess it just proves who cares more, if you're willing to throw us away that damn quickly it's obvious we've never mattered that much to you . I'm sorry you had to deal with me for the past fifteen, almost sixteen years , and I'm sorry you have to find out how I feel through a letter in which I'll probably never even show you. It's also kind of funny, because you would always make a joke about every little thing I'd enjoy, and you always wondered why I'd never tell you anything .
The point of this was to wish you a happy father's day , it's late, but at least it's something .
Sincerely,
The Girl Who Waited