Short Story

Uhm, so hi. Basically, this is a short story on the Vocaloid song 'Hello, How Are You?'. The general idea of it is a self conscious girl, who is scared of not being accepted, so I made a little passage for it, kind of a mini-interpretation of how I imagined it. The english lyrics are by Ashestoashesjc, you should check him out, he does amazing covers and stuff. Kay, bye.

Hello,

I pulled the window up,

And looked into the sky to say,

How are you?

Alone between these walls,

There's no one but me.

Morning,

And here the daylight is,

Covered up with pouring rain.

Tick-tock,

Would someone please come by,

And wind me up today.

I slowly opened my window, paint peeling off slightly as I did so. Looking up at the sky, the sun smiled at me, as if reassuring me that I wasn't on my own.

"Hello!"

I called out. A sorrowful echo bounced off my walls to greet me. As my happiness dissipated, the sun crept behind the clouds that flew in dark wisps. The light of the morning retreated, and I was left alone with newly beginning light showers, that bounced off my nose.

Hello,

I know from old cartoons,

Characters like that exist.

How are you?

Beloved by everyone,

While I am here so out of place.

Sleeping,

No matter what my heart will tell me,

I've gotta come back to today.

Crying,

So, I can raise my hand,

Wipe my tears away.

Retreating to my room, I occupied myself by switching on the small TV that resided on my desk. As the mornings cartoons filled the screen, I started to push back the small force of jealousy I always had for them. Why did they get accepted into society, and I didn't? While those thoughts cause chaos in my mind, my emotions kept my head in the clouds beyong the closed window. Depite the made-up world, with made up people that accepted me, I harshly yanked myself out of it, only to find myself wiping tears away.

"Oh, whatever."

Is the mantra I live for,

And though I didn't understand you,

When you said it, I was floored.

"Look, I'm sorry, but I'm through.

I've got no expectations of you."

I admit, I feel the same way,

'Cause nothing else is working,

I can barely make it day to day.

But, what made you think,

That would be alright to say?

"Whatever."

I whispered to myself. I was never good enough for anyone, so much so, that they never even expected anything of me, good or bad. Although, I couldn't exactly say anything to argue with that - I felt like that myself - it hurt me though, that people thought it acceptable to say things like that to others. Often, I'd sit, and imagine someone who would be there for me through thick and thin, someone who would help me in times that I felt worthless. I scoffed.