Let the Rain Come In

The airplane ride back home was just as uneventful as the one on the way there. Except Carla wasn't with them. Sylvia got a ride home with Selena and her parents. But before they left, Justin stopped her.

"You have my number, right? Because I want to hang out with you guys again. It was fun." His Southern accent had disappeared again. Selena was blushing and trying to hide it.

"Yeah. We're free after six on weekdays." Sylvia interrupted before Selena could embarrass herself.

"Great." He smiled. "See you soon." As soon as he was out of hearing range did Selena speak up.

"Isn't he perfect? It's like Justin is God's gift to the world."

"I think chocolate is God's gift to the world." Sylvia countered. "And he's not perfect, no person is." *Look in Author's Note*

"Oh, look! My parents are here to pick us up!" Selena picked up her bags and started walking away.

"That's avoiding my answer!" Sylvia fumed and walked after her. "We're not even anywhere near enough to the pickup area for you to see them."

"But they did text me! Now hurry up, grandma."

"I'm not your grandma!" They hurried towards the pickup area to meet up with Selena's mom. They put their bags in the back of her car and then got in. Selena took shot gun while Sylvia sat in the back. "Hi Mrs. Dragonslayer." She greeted Selena's mom.

"Hi Mom! Did you miss me? Actually, what did I miss?"

"Nothing happened while you were gone, just the normal amount of battles in the streets and threats to the mayor. No scary first rate villain tried to take down the city." Mrs. Dragonslayer smiled and started driving out of the airport.

"Can I drive, Mom?" Selena asked innocently. She had gotten her license a few months ago and loved driving around. Mrs. Dragonslayer stiffened; she hated Selena's driving because Selena happened to be a speed demon.

"No, I'm fine driving." She waved Selena off and laughed nervously. "I'm sure you're tired from your flight."

"OK." Selena sighed. "I guess Sylvia and I will tell you all about our romantic comedy weekend."

"You had romance?!" Sylvia and Mrs. Dragonslayer synchronized.

"Not really, but there was this totally attractive guy named Justin who lives in our city! Remember him, Sylvia?" They sighed in relief. Selena leaned back and whispered to Sylvia. "He's mine forever." She made a heart with her hands and smiled. Selena then continued to tell her mom about their week with commentary from Sylvia. "And we're going to meet up with him again someday!"

"As long as Sylvia's with you, I think I might be fine with that." Selena's mom didn't know about her super powers, but she did know that Sylvia had taken karate with her twin brother for a couple years. They were both black belts, and Stephan owned a karate studio. Back when he could still take care of it, now there was a different person that used to be his second in command running the place for him.

"Don't worry, I would never let Selena go anywhere near guys I don't trust. Besides school, that is." Sylvia reassured her.

Soon enough, they got to Sylvia's apartment and dropped her off. She grabbed her bags, said bye to them, and then threw herself on her bed when she got inside. Sylvia laid there thinking for an hour before she decided to do some unpacking. She knew she would need to go to the Laundromats with all her dirty clothes before Tuesday, because after that she would only have dirty clothes that smelled like Southern wedding.

Her phone rang to tell her that someone had texted her. She groaned and reached for her phone, but ended up knocking it off her bed. "Come here you stupid phone." Sylvia was determined to not leave her bed while she reached for her phone. She reached for it and felt something like paper against her fingers. She picked it up to examine it.