It was the same as I remember; the white carpet and black, wooden walls completed with green, velvet furniture that was truly, very luxurious. There was a coffee table that held some cakes upon a tiered tray that were tempting my appetite when I had not thought myself to be hungry prior. The coldness of the outside also made me crave that cup of tea which I gratefully took when I sat beside my aunt on the sofa.

'So, how were your travels?' She asked me, taking some cake for herself.

I took a sip of tea first before putting it back on the saucer and answered, 'Very vell, thank you, I used the money you sent me sparingly, rest assured, I still have some left after doing everything I vanted to do,'

'Splendid!' Tante nodded, 'Do tell me where you went,'

I listed, 'Parts of Germany I'd never been to, Paris, Rio de Janeiro, Barcelona, Madrid, now here,'

'I'm glad, it's good you decided to explore a bit after coming back here from Durmstrang,' Tante expressed.

I agreed, 'I think you're right, though I'm sure I vill enjoy being somevhere secure again. Ah, I almost forgot,' from the pocket of my waistcoat, I revealed a collection of gems, 'Each of them are from one the places I vent to,'

Tante took them from me gladly, 'Thank you, nephew, I will put them with my others, you know how much I like gems,'

'Of course,' I smiled, taking the opportunity to glance around the room to see if anyone was there. The house seemed rather empty compared to what I thought...perhaps they have left? I decided to ask, 'Vhat has become of those other children you took in? I suppose I expected them to be here,'

Tante came back over to me and took a sip of her tea, 'Oh yes, they are here,'

I was rather taken aback, 'Oh? They're so quiet I couldn't even tell...are you quite sure,'

Tante nodded, 'Yes, they're upstairs in their rooms,'

I waited for her to say more about the peculiar situation but when she didn't I said, 'Vhat are they doing up there?'

She sighed, 'They're up there most days...Aberforth and Ariana are probably together but Albus will be by himself,'

I frowned, 'Forgive me, Tante...but do you not find that at all odd?'

'Mmm,' she mumbled, 'They're a lot different to what you'd expect, my dear,'

'In vhat vay?' I pressed for further knowledge.

She shook her head, 'You won't see much of them...Aberforth comes down from time to time to help out with the work but he keeps Ariana away. Albus barely even leaves his room. They all attend dinner mostly, that's the only time I really see them all at once,'

'Does that not concern you?' I questioned with wide eyes, these children seem very out of the ordinary, 'That they behave in such a manor?'

She looked sternly at me, 'Of course it concerns me, Gellert...I don't know the half of it and I haven't the heart to ask. Now, you best leave the subject alone,'

I did as I was told and put the matter to rest. For the next half an hour or so me and Tante made small talk between the two of us until we were interrupted. There was footsteps on the stairs and boy no older than me entered the room. He had brown eyes that seemed darkened by emotion, his also brown hair was gelled back smartly which matched the rest of his outfit; a yellow patterned waistcoat and beige trousers. His expression was confused when his eyes met mine but he said nothing of it.

'I came down to inquire about dinner, Bathilda,' he said politely, as if he hadn't been living with my aunt for 6 months.

Tante immediately got to her feet at his arrival,
'Yes, Aberforth, it should be only a few minutes from now,' Since I hadn't met Aberforth before, Tante quickly introduced us, 'Aberforth, I would like you to meet my great nephew, Gellert Grindelwald. He's going to be a permanent resident here from now on so it's only proper you meet,'

I extended a hand to him, 'It's a pleasure to make your acquaintance,'

Aberforth managed a slight smile as he took my hand, 'And yours,' he let go and turned to my aunt, 'I will go tell my brother and sister to come down,'

He disappeared up the stairs leaving just me and Tante again, 'Gellert, please go and set the table whilst I go and check with the cook,' Tante told me as she wondered off.

Whilst I was setting the table, I couldn't help but ponder over the strange presence Aberforth had brought. He seemed so on edge, even in front of Tante let alone me, like he was trying to conceal something. Everything about him just seems so incredibly off that it makes me want to know more. I have to know more. I took my place at the table and waited in almost excitement to meet the others, to see what they're like. Are they all this...strange?

Tante came in and sat beside me as the maid brought us our plates of food as well as putting them at the empty places the Dumbledore's should soon fill. But I was sorely disappointed as it was only Aberforth who appeared at last to sit at the place furthest away.

My aunt asked, 'Are your siblings not joining us tonight?'

Aberforth took a sip of water, 'I'm not sure Ariana can cope with this sudden change,' he glanced at me, 'I tried to coerce Albus but...he won't leave his room. I apologise,'

'That's alright,' Bathilda told him, 'Do take some food to you sister, I don't want her becoming malnourished,'

'I will,' he agreed.

Dinner was quiet other than the odd conversation but I noticed that Aberforth ate quickly, as if he were in a rush, not engaging in any conversion before he thanked us both, apologised again for the lack of his siblings and left with the plate of food for his sister.

Once I was sure he was out of earshot, I spoke to my aunt, 'Does this usually happen?'

Tante seemed worried, 'Well...Ariana isn't very good with new people, she's never spoken a word to me. Albus sometimes skips his meals but I've never really thought anything of it, would you take his plate to him after you're done? He's the room on the top floor next to the library. After that you must go to bed, I'm sure you're tired after all this travelling,'

'I'll see to it,' I promised, very intrigued to meet this brother who I hardly believe exists since he's been so...not here.

Tante took our plates to the kitchen when we were done and kissed my cheek to wish me goodnight. Once she was gone, I took the plate full of food and walked up the many flights of stairs to the top floor.

When I got there I stared at the door where I was told he'd be. I was very curious about him and the rest of his family so I was anticipating meeting him. I knocked on the door and waited, expecting an answer but I was stood there for a time one would not usually wait for the door to open. I furrowed my brows, knocking again but louder, just in case he didn't hear the first. But again, there was no answer and no appearance of the eldest Dumbledore.

Frustrated, I put an ear to the door, trying to detect any sign of life that could be coming from inside. I could have sworn I heard some faint sniffling but other than that there was nothing. In the end, I decided to place the plate outside his door and should he get hungry and try to go downstairs to get some food, he would find it there for him.

When I got back to my room, I changed into my night clothes, got into my bed and tried to get some sleep. I say tried because the whole night I couldn't shut off my thoughts as they were too busy trying to solve the mystery that was the Dumbledore family.