He stared at Montana. Montana smiled and waved at him. He laughed and waved at him. "Hi" he said. I laughed. "That's funny, he really don't be all happy at other people, he so mean" I said. " I'm always good with kids I got my own sons" he said. I smiled.

After eating me and Montana got up and helped Karlynn get stuff packed up and ready to go. After we was packed up Montana walked to my car window. "So ... umm come to the studio tonight and kick it with me I might want you to sing some on my song" he said.

"Mmmm" I said as I thought of an excuse. "I might come, it depends on how I'm feeling after I get these kids settled in" I said. "Oh okay, just text me baby" he said. "I will" I said. I pulled off and headed home .

Karlynn-

Soon as we got in the house I laid in my bed. I stared up into the ceiling. I don't have nobody to call because keisha is with her little man and she stays off her phone when he around cause he be controlling her. I had to cut off B-crazy so I definitely don't have any boys to call. I have became the lamest junior in highschool.

My phone started ringing. I grabbed it off of my dresser and looked at the caller ID . It was the jail. I got geeked and hurried up and answered. "You have a collect call from Keyair" said the operator. "Eeeeeee" I said as I was geeked. I pressed 1 and waited for him to speak. "Hello" he said. I smiled big. "Hey Keyair" I said.

"Lynn, wassup girl" he said. I laughed. "How you been ?" He asked. "I been good, how have you been ?" I asked. "Shit, taking it one day at a time" he said. "Aw that's good, Keish told me you in there getting your GED" I said. "Yeah, I'm tryna do better" he said. "That's good tho" I said. "So can I ask you some ?" He asked. I was nervous but I wanted to hear him. "Keisha said you like me" he said. My ears went numb and I was silent for a second.

"Mmm some like that" he said. "Yeah yeah" he said. He laughed. "I know you like me girl, been knew" he added. "And how you figure that ?" I said all snappy. "Cause you always sad when my girlfriend over, you always ask where I'm at when you on the phone with Keisha, and just how bubbly you act when you around me" he said. I blushed hard. "Well damn" I said. We started cracking up. "Well shidd I ain't finna lie, boy you bout fine as hell" I said.

"That I know" he said. I shook my head. "But you got your lil girlfriend I don't wanna come between y'all" I said. "Girl fuck her" he said. "what ?, why ?" I asked. I turned and laid on my stomach and stared out the window into the dark. "Well the whole time I been in here she hasn't come to see me, wrote me, or nun" he said. "Wow fr ?" I said. "Man, then I find out she fucked her ex on me so I broke up with her" he added. "Damn" I said. Whole time I was happy den a bitch. "I been told keisha to tell you to drop that bitch for me" I said.

"Yo young ass" I said. "And.. so" I said. "You just turned 17, baby I'm finna be 22 when I get out" he said. I rolled my eyes. "Age ain't shit but a number boy and you know that" I said. "okay Aaliyah, I am not Rkelly" he said. We laughed. "So.. you wouldn't even think about fucking with me cause I'm younger ?" I asked. "Mmm you might get a pass cause you fine" he said. I smiled.

"Yo cheesy ass, I can just hear you smiling" he said. We bussed out laughing. "Well Lynn I gotta go the phone gon Han-" he said as the phone hung up. I dropped my phone and jumped, leaped and skipped around my room. I always wondered what he felt about me and it obviously clear.

Ugh only 6 more months and he a be right here. I laid back into my bed and daydreamed. Thinking about me and him together. I never seen him cheat on his girlfriend and all that so I definitely know where his loyalty stands. Ugh y'all I am so happy. I feel like sliding down a rainbow and landing in a pile of skittles.

I been wanting him for the longest time in my life but I always thought he looked to me as his little sister. But , he said he would consider me. I jump and spin like a ballerina around my room and lay back into my bed. "Wow, this is what happiness is" I said. I ain't even been happy, since my dad been gone I been mad at the world.

I ain't gon get my hopes too high but just know that just made my whole world right now. I was happy and smiling big, bigger than I've ever have. I got up and reached in my drawer. I pulled out my notebook and paper. I need to write him, maybe that a show him my interest. I'm willing to do whatever it takes for him to show interest in me.

But I don't wanna seem to thirsty I just wanna but it off right. I grabbed my pen and started out and wrote it out:

Dear Keyair,

Hey boo..

Nah... that's too obviously cause I don't even say that shit to him in real life. I ripped the paper up and started again, this time without tryna make the shit t
Dear Keyair,

Hey boy,

I wrote this right after we got off the phone. I thought we just pen pal it out til you come home, that's the least I can do to keep you company til you come home. What are your plans ? Are you gon continue to be in the streets or are you gonna do right ?. If nobody believes in you I definitely do and I'll help you with anything you need help with to get you started. Keish been fake with her man lately so I ain't been talking to her like that. I miss you a lot. I remember being out all night with you and your lil friends and me letting y'all use my car to go to the store and all that. Those days where the days..
Anyways write me back big head

Love Karlynn.

I read the letter over and over. I grabbed an envelope  out of my drawer and filled it out and put a stamp on it. I sat it up on my dresser. It was getting late and I was getting super tired. I dozed off and went to sleep. When I woke back up Amir was crying outside my door. I opened it and let him in. I picked him up and laid him in my bed and he stopped crying and went to sleep. He is so used to sleeping with somebody and I think mama left and went to hang with her new man Montana . Momma ain't slick she know she like that man.