𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

Start from the beginning

"You really like the ocean, huh?" He whispers, trying to hide his shock. It was like a dream come true. Sebastian would die to have a room like this, but his would have a darker shade of blue with constellations covering them, illuminating the sky.

He would also have white or cream furniture to make the room pop, all painted with special patterns by himself. His artwork would be hung from the walls, a photo board placed beside his dresser. He had it all planned out. Though that would never happen.

Emily smiles and plops down on her bed. "Yeah." She responds, gazing up at the ceiling. "I want to become a marine biologist."

Sebastian nods and takes a seat beside her. "That's amazing."

Emily giggles. "I'm glad you think so."

"Oh?"

"My parents want me to be a lawyer or something I'm not interested in at all."

Sebastian frowns. "That sucks."

Emily shrugs. "I'm used to it, so I'll just wait so I can prove them wrong." She rolls herself around onto her stomach, Sebastian following her lead, and stairs intently into his eyes. Sebastian gulps and looks away, blushing.

"What?" He asks. "I-is there something on my face?"

Emily shakes her head and reaches her hand out to Sebastian's cheek, pausing when he flinches away. "I just... your bruise.. it looks painful." And it was. Sebastian was having moments of struggle to hold back tears at the immense pain. He needed to go to the hospital. Sebastian shrugs.

"It is. But I'll be okay."

Emily bites her lip. "You sure? I can get you some Panadol?"

That would be good. Sebastian didn't have any at home. "Oh um.. could I have some actually?" Sebastian mumbles.

Emily leans over to her bedside table and hands over a tray of Panadol. "Here. Do you have water in your bottle?"

"Yeah."

Sebastian takes the pills from her and downs two, all the while trying to ignore her intent gaze. "Can I ask you something?" Emily asks, taking the tray back and putting it on her bedside table once more.

"Uh sure." Sebastian says hesitantly. "What is it?"

"I've seen the way you look at Chris, I'm guessing you like him?" She responds bluntly. Sebastian gawks and goes to deny her statement, when Emily cuts him off. "I don't have a problem with it, Seb. You two would be so cute together!"

"R-really?" Sebastian stammers, face fully red.

Emily nods with a smile. "Really. I can help you get with him." She proposes, looking slightly hopeful.

Sebastian bites his lip. "He likes girls more though... right?" He whispers sadly. "He only sees us as friends."

"You never know." Emily smirks. "I've seen the way he looks at you two."

Sebastian looks away, scratching the back of his neck nervously. "I-I don't know." Sebastian mumbles. He didn't have a good feeling about this. Not at all. He could just end up embarrassing himself and losing Chris as a friend.