He grabbed the dead man's hydro flask with which he tried to defend himself against the proxy, but pathetically failed. Hoodie drank as much as he could as poured the rest of the cold water onto his hands and face. 

There was always a sense of "after taste" whenever any of the proxys murdered someone, as if an illness had overcome them. Paler complexion, dilated pupils, adrenaline rush and the most notorious: audible hypersensibilty. As proxys, no matter how little they  knew about eachother in that aspect, they understood they were not completely human too, and that's when Hoodie felt the sounds of the forest getting louder all the way until recognizing the sound of someone walking through the woods in the distant. Not animal steps, but actual recognizable human footsteps.

As he put on his mask on once again, he turned his back to the corpse and proceeded to walk away, accelerating his pace with every sound that echoed through the woods while still keeping himself as unnoticeable and quiet as a shadow.

Hoodie's inner killer was once again awoken. 

~~
It didn't take long for Masky to get to his destination. After stopping at Graydune for a quick drink, he headed towards the forest.

He thought about staying in a motel or somewhere in Graydune and go see Y/N in the morning, but eventually giving up on that since in the end he knew how people behaved at night. This way he could not only stalk her but find out something about the house. 

The truth comes out at night.

Soon, Tim was standing at the side of the road, at the entrance towards once of his previous favorite hiding places. As he walked he noticed the familiar grey car parked a bit further from the house, which he quickly inspected out of curiosity. Upon staring down the car's window, he heard a rustling noise behind him in the woods. He turned around and pulled out a pocket knife, sensing that something was off. 

If anything was planning to attack him, it was better for him to keep his distance. He silently walked around the home, thinking of a way to kick off his plan. Once he got to the back, he placed his forehead onto the biggest window he could find, which just happened to be the kitchen window. Attentively observing the dark inside of the house, he had a hard time finding anything. He hoped to atleast someone up, but it was better if everyone was sleeping.

"So, you're here..."

Tim quickly turned around when he heard a familiar voice from behind him. Standing a few meters behind him was his comrade Hoodie, who stared him down with an apathetic expression.

Masky grinned, he knew something was off with Hoodie, yet he remained calm and unbothered.

He needed to come up with a good lie fast.

~~~

~dream~

His younger self sat on the floor with a cup of warm milk in his small hands inside a dim lit room containing some furniture. Next to him sat his sister, who although was only 2 years older than him, looked much older, around 16-17 years old. Her face was covered by her long blonde hair, but Toby still recognized her. 

L

yra.

A small CRT tv was playing a cartoon in front of them. To Toby, it was hard to concentrate on what were they watching, since the pictures seemed blurry at times and the volume often unaudible. 

He squinted his eyes a few times until he understood what they were watching - a series of fairytales adapted into cartoons, something that both he and his sister enjoyed watching together at night when they were kids.