Chapter 4: "Round 1!"

Start from the beginning

     "Thank you sir." Master Chen then takes his right middle knuckle and taps it on Sean's forehead three times. He calls lite disciplinary act a "chestnut".

     "Ow, ow, ow, what was that for!?!"

     "For being late."

     "But... But it wasn't even my... Oh whatever."

     Master Chen walks back over to the team line as Sean follows, all the while saying under his breath, "I hate when he does that... That's got to totally be some kind of a chinese torture technique or something."

     Sean gets ready for his match as I turn back to Donna, about to apologize to her for the billionth time when we hear a voice from behind us projecting in our direction. The smug tone is all I needed to hear to identify who it belonged to. I turn and roll my eyes, yup, Brandon Ki Fang.

     "Well look who decided to show up. The amazing Martial Art's Marvel James Solmaxton. Oh wait, you just like being called Solmax, right? Like you're some kind of superhero or something? Ha!" Brandon, my arch nemesis. Seriously, I hate this guy like nobody's business. But he's a good fighter, so I have to respect him for that.

     I'm considered one of the best fighters at my age level, and he's almost right up there with me.

     The only difference between me and him is, to put it politely, the guy's the biggest asshole on the planet! A real blowhard. Aside from that, I think we could've been good friends.

     I look at him and ask, "Hey Brandon, you ready to have your belt handed to you?"

     Looking unfazed, he replies back, "Why you taking my belt off, you gonna eat me Solmax? Or better yet... Hey Donna, you hungry?"

     I immediately want to grab him by his cocky little neck and choke him out, but Donna stops me as she walks over to Brandon, getting up close in a seductive way and says to him, "You know Brandon, that's a really tempting offer..." She looks back at me, then continues, "Especially these days..."

     Ouch... Then she looks back at Brandon and goes on, "But, you know what they say about chinese food right?"

     Brandon smirks and says, "Yeah, that you keep coming back for more?"

     Donna smiles as she replies, "Nooooo, it's that it doesn't satisfy you, and I prefer something a little more filling."

     Brandon immediately gets offended and pissed off. His cocky grin turned upside down so fast it was comical. "Huh...!?! You... You Bitch...! You... you... Whatever! I'll see you on the mat "Maxi Pad!"

     Brandon storms off. Oh snap... Donna just handed him his manhood, tied in a neat little pink bow. Brandon's ego has just been K.O.ed. He'll no doubt take it out on me during our match.

     I go to say something to Donna, but she stops me. "Don't... Just... Don't. Good luck with that creep... OK Solmax?"

     Then she pushes past me and goes to sit back with team. Sean is doing well in his match. I sit in a full lotus and try to clear my mind, a difficult task for obvious reasons today...

     Yeah, some crazy shit has been going on... well, all my life actually.
Yeah, there may be some kind of alien... thing after me.

     Yeah, my ex-girlfriend has it out for me...

     But it's all good because right here, right now, I'm in control and have a tournament to win. Now get your mind right Solmax and let's do this!

     I stand to my feet and go to put on my fighting pads. Sean helps me get ready. "Hey Mars, great job against Scott Miller, I honestly thought you were going to lose to him again this year, but that block, dodge, sidekick combo at the last second to scored on him was EPIC!!!"

     "I know right! He got lucky last year, but this time, lady luck was on my side."

     "Luck had nothing to do with it bro, you da' man."

     "Hell yeah I am. Anyway, you got this bro. A one, two punch is all it'll take to put Fang in his place."