Carnivals and Dreams

*This was supposed to be uploaded tomorrow, January 27 but I just can't help myself...

ENJOY and please leave me a comment and a vote if you enjoyed this :)

***

EPISODE 1

PART 1/4

***

The illumination from the carnival lit up the whole block; rivaling even the majestic stars that filled the night sky. There was music; fast, comical and joyful that it gave even the most senior among those around a reason to remember childhood, cotton candy and balloons.

Seen from above, it looked like a fairyland.There was a giant Ferris wheel on the west side and innumerable bulbs of electric illumination strung over the heads of the milling people, all moving to and fro, none standing far too long in one place.

Except for one young man.

He was standing in front of the merry-go-round, a confused look on his face.

Zon, as he was called, looked around him in a daze. He did not know how he ended there, but he was right smack in the middle of the flurry of feverish amusement.

"Shit, what is this place?" he thought to himself, looking from right to left; the sound of footsteps on the cobbled streets confusing him further. The unknown faces that passed across his vision was mind boggling.

He glanced at the Ferris wheel, to the distant lights of the sky scrapers, to the flashing lights of the carnival, to the people around him that seemed to peer at him with curious and meddling glances.

"Why are the people here so weird?" his thoughts echoed in his mind. He was too preoccupied with everything that was happening around that he did not notice a taller young man approach.

"Hi Zon," came a voice to his left.

"Ai Tor!" Zon exclaimed. Finally someone familiar! Tutor, his friend was standing beside him, a smile on his face.

"Hey, there are a lot of weird things happening around us, don't you think?" Tutor stated, he appeared relaxed, that in itself confused Zon even more.

"Yes," he replied, unsure.

"I think so too," his friend said with a nod.

"Hmmm," Zon muttered, "Something was not right," he thought.

He couldn't remember getting there, and he did not know any of these people except for Tutor who was also not quite himself.

"Err, I have a feeling we are in a dream," Zon said, looking intently at his friend, "For sure!"

Tutor just looked at him with a smirk. Zon could not understand what was happening, it felt all too real, yet, things were somehow not right. He could even hear a loud ticking of a clock, like time was running out; or that time was standing still.

He looked around for the nth time, taking his eyes away from Tutor and gasped.

"Huh?" Zon exclaimed, "Sai Fah?" pointing at a very tall familiar figure that was walking towards him. It was another familiar face, someone he really didn't care to see.

Zon turned back to face Tutor, only to find his friend gone.

He scratched his head, he could have sworn that Tutor was beside him just a few seconds ago.

He frantically searched the crowd and in a distant, he could see the familiar blue sweater that Tutor was wearing. But that young man was holding hands with a taller man.