The Great Klaus Mikaelson

Start from the beginning

"Look," Stefan crosses to him, "Silas wants to die and be reunited with his one true love, but he's supernatural, so if he takes the cure and dies, he gets stuck on the other side."

"How Shakespearean," Klaus remarks, sipping on his drink.

"But if he destroys the other side altogether, he can take the cure, die, and pass on, but in destroying it, every dead supernatural being will return to our side," Stefan continues explaining.

"So," I murmur, thinking over my brother's words, "that means every werewolf, witch, and vampire would return." Pursing my lips, I scowl at Klaus from across the room. "I wonder how many of those you personally killed, or better yet, screwed over."

Stefan clears his throat, preventing Klaus from getting the chance to respond to my jab. "Care now?" He glances to the Hybrid.

"My interest is piqued," Klaus answers with reluctance, ignoring my glare. "How do we stop him?"

"Bonnie said Silas needs to complete 3 massacres to do this spell. Before Professor Shane died, he convinced the pastor to blow up the council. Next, he had you kill your hybrids, and now he only needs one more massacre, so if he's here, that's what he's doing. We need to find him."

Klaus hums, finishing his drink. "And where do you suggest we start?"

"Professor Shane's office is our best bet. He knew the most about Silas and the legend surrounding him."

I sigh. "Well, then what are we waiting for?"

My words spark us into motion. As Klaus steps out of the house and to his car, I pull Stefan aside into the kitchen. "Where's Damon? Does he know that Silas might be in town?"

Stefan leans against the counter, facing me. "He knows. He's following a Katherine lead in New York though. He also brought Elena along."

With a wrinkling of my forehead, I blink at my twin. "Wait, what? Damon's in New York? Right now? With Elena?" Panic rushes through me as Stefan nods. Now that I am no longer anonymous in the supernatural circle, who knows who could possibly spot Damon and connect him to me? This is not good.

"Why? You look worried." Running a hand through my hair, I groan as I turn my back on him, leaning over the sink. "Lily?" Stefan places a hand on my shoulder. "What's going on? You're not...you're not having another episode are you?" His voice rises in pitch as I turn to face him.

"No. No." I shake my head. "It's just...Damon was in New York in the 70s."

Stefan frowns. "I know that. I sent Lexi to him. But how do you know that?"

I close my eyes for second before meeting Stefan's. "Look, there's a large supernatural society who keeps tabs on things happening, you know, all things supernatural. It's how I've known about what's happened to you and Damon throughout the years. The two of you have created quite the name for yourselves and our family. It's also the reason why I never disclosed my relation to the Salvatores. Damon attracted a lot of attention in the 70s, so much so that even you, someone who's not a part of the society's gossip, heard about it. And well, in this supernatural society, I'm well-connected. I also used to hold an air of anonymity in it. However, it is now known that I am a Salvatore-"

"What are you saying?" Stefan interrupts me, blinking at me as he tries to understand where I'm going with this. "That you never wanted to be associated with us? You really never told anyone who you were?"

"No, I didn't."

"Why?"

I bite my lip. "Stefan, let's not get into this right now. That's not where I was going with this."