7 // Careful, You Might Tell the Truth

Começar do início

But okay, 'cause I am not just a girl. I am Viennica. I've gone through the rough road so I'm sure I can handle him. And I will handle him.

Come Friday we were really busy. Hmm. At least they were, especially my cousin. Chill lang ako because that's just who I am.

All were busy running around the hotel. Going back and forth, and being just the crazy people that they were. Pero kapag naman may inuutos sila sa akin ay of course, G lang ako. I really don't have a knack with organizing and all but I'm not a snob of the event, ano! I really want Juju's birthday to be a blast and successful.

So now I'm helping Jules arrange the souvenirs for the kids on the table.

"I still can't believe I have to ditch classes for this! Kung bakit naman kasi weekday pinili ni Kuya mag-celebrate!"

I shrugged. "It's Juju's first birthday. I think it's just okay to do it on the exact day."

"You don't have to remind me. I just wanted to whine," she grunted.

See that? See that trait? It runs in our blood.

"So, okay," she started again, and successfully changed to business-ready version Jules. "We just have to greet some of the guests, especially Kuya's in-laws who came all the way from the province pa."

"Pero hindi ko alam ang sasabihin ko..." I pouted.

"That. Just charm them with that pouting of yours," sabi niya kasabay ang irap. Tumayo siya at maingay na ibinagsak ang kamay sa table. "Also, find your sunshine! We don't want to miss any special moment on camera."

I huffed. "Why do I have to find him? You're the one who hired him."

"Because you have no use for anything else, Viennica! Now, go..."

Tumayo na ako kasi nanlaki na ang mata ni dear cousin. And of course, I'm still in on my goody-good-obedient-cousin persona today only because I love Juju.

Ginawa ko na ang best ko para hanapin ang dapat hanapin. Habang umiikot ay sinunod ko na rin iyong sinabi ni Jules na bumati sa mga bisita.

I saw Kuya Lenard with Baby Juju in one corner. May kausap sa phone si Kuya habang umiiyak ang pamangkin ko. And me being the superhero that I secretly was, I carefully took Juju from Kuya.

"Thank you," mouthed Kuya Lenard.

Kumindat ako like it's no big deal. "Yeah, I got this..."

When I got Juju safely in my arms, I started to roam around the place. Hindi pa rin siya tumitigil sa pag-iyak, so I tried to skip and even did rhythmic movements in hopes that I would make it fun for him.

Yeah right, I got this. I thought sarcastically.

"Stop crying na, baby..." halos paiyak ko na ring sabi. I'm also almost getting frustrated. Almost lang kasi ang cute pa rin niya!

I still kept on rocking him because I don't know what else to do. My eyes fished the crowd for his mom, or one of my cousins where I could pass him to.

"Wow. Now I wanna cry... just so you would call me baby."

When I looked at the person, I only saw the devil's lips smirking because his eyes were hidden behind his camera.