| 18 | HumairaFitriyah

Start from the beginning

 “I don’t care about your stupid mission anymore, Gray,” He mumbled in a low voice, his dull, empty eyes seem to sparkle in determination, though he doesn’t notice it himself. “I’m going to protect her with all my might.”

“Natsu!”

As soon as he heard his name from an overly-familiar voice, he smiled. He knew that it was her: Lucy Heartfilia. Once she reached her destination, she blinked in surprise as she notice how he was smiling so cheerfully—even though his eyes weren’t sparkling like how they do when he smiles like the way he is smiling right now due to the fact that he is already blind, his smile brightened his male features. It made her smile, too.

“What are you smiling to?”

He chuckled before he answered truthfully, voice serene. “I don’t know. But this feeling…I don’t know how to explain it…we are together, now, right? I feel so happy. My life is complete now. I bet you’re smiling too, right?”

 She giggled in response. “How did you know?”

"I may be blind, but my heart isn't. My heart sees that you are smiling right now," That was more than enough to make her heart pace faster.

 Her smile widened as she sat beside Natsu. She rested her head in his right shoulder, the overflowing feeling inside her making her smile from ear to ear.

 “Natsu,”

“Hmm?” was his only reply.

“Thanks for your eyes; I promise to take good care of it,” She said sincerely. “—and, I will go and try to find people to donate their eyes for you.

He erupted into fits of laughter, saying: “You can’t just ask people to donate their eyes for me right away—it’ll freak them out.”

With her now onyx-colored eyes heavy with tears, she looked at his empty, dull one. A part of her says that he’s an idiot for donating his eyes to her; but the greater part of her appreciates the great act of affection. She never imagined that someone will do this for her.

“B-because of me…you’re in that state,” Her voice cracked as the tears she’s been holding back for like, forever rolled down her cheeks. “You should have not donated your eyes to me—I mean, I’m not a good person! I’m the worst person you’ll ever see…S-so…w-why? I don’t deserve your eyes—the eyes that always sparkle like the stars and sun combined.”

Natsu was silent for a moment, stunned at the sudden declaration of the blonde. “Look, Lucy, everyone can change. You can change yourself to be a better person—you are not that bad, you know? You have a kind heart covered in ice; your traumas are the one to blame for that—but hey, ice can always be melted by fire, right?”

Lucy didn’t reply. She only stared at his grinning form, mesmerized on how he can be so cheerful when he obviously lost something very important to him. He lost a part of him because of her because he wanted to help her see the world more. She would’ve commented that the act is stupid, but it isn’t. It isn’t because he did it for he loves her—greater that she imagined he does.

“I will keep supporting you, Lucy,” He declared, his playful grin slowly turning into a soft, sincere smile. “—and my eyes, it’s nothing compared to how I feel for you. Rather than stand and watch you crouch in pain, I decided that I can help you, it’s alright Lucy. I did it without regrets, no regrets because I love you. Don’t worry; you can still rely on me even though I cannot see anymore.”

As soon as he finished, the blonde immediately caged the pinkette in a warm hug. She was crying on Natsu’s chest, regretting everything she had done wrong. She promised to change herself for the better. She will do that, without fail.

***

Currently, both Natsu and Lucy are inside the train. Lucy helped Natsu all the way to the train station. It was pretty dangerous to travel to the train considering Natsu’s condition and they knew that themselves. But Lucy didn’t want to call her driver, as her driver might send her to the mansion.

 “Hey, Lucy?” Natsu asked. “What are you doing?”

To be truthfully honest, he wanted to see Lucy’s beautiful face. He missed seeing her angelic face, so much.

“Nothing, really,” Lucy replied, smiling. “I’m just thinking.”

Natsu raised his eyebrows as he shot her another question. “What are you thinking?”

Lucy turned to Natsu who was sitting beside him. Even though she knew Natsu couldn’t see it, she still continued to smile at him, completely affected by what he said; the one where he said that his heart could see that she is smiling. Okay, it might be pretty stupid, but that doesn’t matter when you’re completely head-over-heels for someone.

Lucy inhaled a deep intake of breath before saying: “First, I’d like to apologize for treating Lisanna badly. I regret everything I’ve done to her before…Is that okay?”

Natsu nodded his head cheerfully, smile brighter than before. “It’s great, Lucy!”

She smiled, reassured. She continued: “Second, would you mind to go with me to clear all the things between me and…Gray?”

He nodded his head almost immediately after hearing his so-called-friend’s name. “I will definitely go with you. It involved me, too. I’m sorry, Lucy.”

Lucy’s eyebrows creased in confusion. “Why did you say sorry to me?”

“I’m sorry for joining Gray’s mission to break your heart,” He lowered his head, ashamed from what he had done.

Lucy only smiled as she reassuringly held Natsu’s hand. “It’s okay, Natsu. It’s alright. It’s my bad, too for tricking him. And trust me; you are the first and last person I will ever love."

"I trust you, Lucy,” His lips curved into a confident one. “Always.”

With that answer, a happy smile appeared both on their delighted face. Yes, they are very happy. Both of them completed each other’s life. And, just because Natsu is blind right now doesn't means that Natsu will be blind forever. Miracles will do. Let’s just hope.

 |-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|

End of Chapter 18! Hope you like it! ^^

Comment what you think and vote if you like! Means so much to us that you are enjoying reading our story! ^^ Thanks for reading! <3

Aira [xXNaLuCommunityXx]