10

Beyonce POV

"Mommy we should get chips, chocolate, fish cakes, soda, marshmallows, sausage rolls, whipped cream, ice cream, juice boxes-"

"Alex baby. That's way too much junk food. Besides, that's way too much for a movie night with Marcus and Nicki," I said pushing a trolley in the supermarket with Alex on my side. Nicki and I have been hanging around a lot lately together with the kids. Sometimes we even leave the kids alone so that we can go out and have fun.

"This snacks aren't just for movie night. Imma need them so that I can carry them in a couple of weeks at school on our last day before summer vacation," he said holding my arm.

"That's fine by me," I said shrugging.

"Really?" He said as his face lit up.

"Absolutely baby. Give me the money to buy it all that's it," I said and his smile faded away. He then mumbled something under his breath. "What was that? Say it a bit louder," I said pulling his ear.

"Ouch! Its nothing mommy," he said squirming.

"That's what I thought," I said letting go of his ear.

"That hurt Edward Scissor Hands. Them long sharp nails of yours must have bore a hole in my ear," he said as he scrunched up his face holding his slightly red ear.

"You know I ain't afraid to give you another round," I said walking closer to him with furrowed eyebrows.

"I'm fine mommy," he said cringing back.

"Don't play with me now," I said going back to pushing the trolley.

We went to almost every aisle picking up items and putting them in the trolley. Alex somehow convinced me to get some of the things on his list. We were about to go to the checkout point when this lovebirds who couldn't keep their hands to themselves were busy having a make out session in the hallway leading to the checkout point. They had their backs facing us.

"Excuse me you two but you are blocking the way," I said politely but they just continued.

"What you guys are doing is disrespectful," Alex said causing me to chuckle but he was right.

I went over to tap the guy on the shoulder. "Excuse me si-Chris?" I said confused. I looked over the girl he was having a make out session with and it sure as hell wasn't Jordin.

"Hey Bey," he said rubbing the back of his head. "Let me holla at you real quick," he said pulling me away.

"What the hell Chris? What example are you setting for our son? Who the hell is she anyways? I don't want bitches around my baby," I said whispering.

"Aye Bey. Calm down, OK? That right there is Tanya and we have a thing going on," he said licking his lips.

"Does Jordin know?" I said crossing my arms.

"What Jordin doesn't know won't hurt her," he said rubbing his hands.

"Unbelievable," I said rolling my eyes. "Just do you Chris but make sure you don't bring no whores around my baby," I said.

"That's my girl. You also do you baby mama," he said walking away chuckling.

That man is something else. Jordin is gonna flip when she finds out but that ain't my place to tell her what her boyfriend was doing behind close doors.

***

"Hurry up mommy. Let's move this coffee table and put the two bean bags," Alex said standing next to the coffee table.

"Excuse me?" I said with a raised eyebrow as I came closer to him. "I know you didn't just give me an order. Fix them manners of yours before I fix them for you."

"Sorry mommy," he said lowly. "Can you please help me," he said smiling.

I helped Alex in preparation for our movie night. Marcus and Nicki finally came and they brought apple cider. We watched the movie in the living room with Marcus and Alex sitting on bean bags and Nicki and I made ourselves comfortable on the couch behind them. We all had our blankets on.

"Dang it!" I heard Nicki.

"What happened Miss Nicki?" Alex said as he turned around with Marcus.

"I spilled some apple cider all over my shirt," she said removing her blanket and trying to dry her shirt.

"Let's go upstairs and I can give you one of my shirts and we can go to the laundry room to wash your shirt," I said leading her upstairs.

I got in my room and went on and got one of my oversized T-shirt out of my closet, "I think this will-" I stopped as I emerged out of my closet to see Nicki without a shirt on. My eyes widen at the view of her hourglass shaped body.

"Thanks Bey," she said taking the T-shirt from my hands and putting it on. "Where's the laundry room?" She said snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Huh?... Um its...its... Let me just walk you there," I said leading her to the laundry room.

"For a laundry room this place looks awesome. Who's step stool is that?" she asked pointing at the stool in front off the washing machine.

"That's Alex's stool. He uses it when he does his laundry."

"Word? That's awesome. You are one of a kind. Its clear as day that you don't wanna raise no lazy bone," she said sounding impressed. "What's that white board for?" She asked getting closer to it.

"That is also Alex's. He uses it to distract himself when he waits for his laundry to be done. He draws and writes stuff with that marker and erases it when his done," I said getting closer.

"I wish my parents did that for me," Nicki said turning around which made me notice how close we were to each other.

"I only did it because he begged me," I said lowly while looking Nicki straight in the eye.

The room lapsed into silence as we looked at each other. We came closer towards each other until I was met with Nicki's soft lips. I felt her wrapping her arms around my neck and I held her waist. We continued our little make out session for a while then we pulled away.

"Damn," we both said lowly and we backed away from each other smiling.

"That was," Nicki said.

"Amazing," I finished smiling.

"I've been wanting to do that for a while now," Nicki said bearly above a whisper.

I pulled her closer to me and held her waist then pecked her lips a couple of times, "Me too my gummy bear," I said as I bit my bottom lip.

"Nicknaming me already. I'm flattered," she said wrapping her arms around my neck.

"Why not? Your lips are soft like gummy bears plus they taste like gummy bears," I said pecking her lips again.

"That's because I had gummy bears in the car with Marcus," she said. "Let me go take out my shirt and put it in the drier," she said getting out of my grip.

We left and went to join the boys downstairs. "Took you guys long enough. What were you doing?" Marcus said turning our way.

I plopped down the couch and Nicki and I snuggled in my blanket, "Nothing much. I just had gummy bears," I said which made Nicki to playfully punch me and I chuckled.

"What's so funny Bey?" Marcus asked looking perplexed.

"Let it go man. Women are just a mystery which will never be solved," Alex said.

The boys turned and continued with their movie and Nicki pecked my lips and rested her head on my shoulder.