Chapter 2: Protecting Innocence

SCP 682 looks around with minor disgust at the camp around him. Debauchery all around him. He had covered the eyes and ears of 053. He growls before entering a large tent. He sits down in front of the lilim, Druella, and he glares at her.

"Don't you have a spell that muffles sounds? I wish to protect the little one's innocence."

"Alright."

She snaps her fingers, and all the moaning and love making sounds disappear. He uncovers 053's eyes and ears. She looks around and marvels at all the fancy objects around here. She jumps out of his lap and runs around the tent, picking up various objects. 682 turns to Druella.

"So? What did you want to talk to me about?"

"Tell me your story."

"Where... do I begin? My first memories... I remember darkness, and hearing something muffled. I pushed and scratched till I freed myself. I... killed my mother upon my birth by ripping though her belly. I was then met by the sight of my father, the Scarlet King."

An image flashes through 682's mind, of a tall ominous figure.

"He said to me... 'Come, my spawn. We shall destroy creation, as one.' I was a baby, so I went with him. I slaughtered so many worlds, ended billions of lives. I've lost count. Funny thing is, when I returned to that other human infested planet, Earth, I was very quickly subdued. Turns out my one weakness existed on that planet. Despite my being able to adapt to anything, I wasn't able to immunize myself against their hydrochloric acid."

682 chuckles darkly.

"I still broke out several times, and killed many more people. But I was always subdued. Forced to fight other creatures of the Foundation. My two greatest rivals, 076-1, Able, and 096, the Shy Guy."

"And how were they so powerful?"

"First of all, Able. He could summon any kind of weapon he wished, and he even created his own. He used many of these hybrid weapons against me. Though we were both subdued by a nuclear warhead, that was the most thrilling battle I've ever experienced. The battle with Shy Guy... was annoying as hell."

He shakes his head, as if trying to forget the annoyance.

"He just didn't stop attacking. I swallow him, he tears of my stomach. I crush him, he rips out parts of my spines. I bite him, he rips my jaws apart. I shoot spikes into him, he keeps charging. Finally, I just pulled off his skin and melted all of his flesh and organs. His skeleton, as I discovered, is pretty much indestructible. So I became this sad lump of ripped up flesh and he became a crying skeleton in the corner. Yeah I've not had good times. And then I met the kid. She was... scared of me, as most things are, but I wasn't filled with that primal urge to slaughter her and spread her guts like art. And when she got over her shyness... she hugged me."

He, without looking, sends a tendril shooting out of his back to pull 053 away from the entrance of the tent. He sighs and shakes his head.

"I was confused. I had never been hugged before. I had rarely been shown affection."

"682!"

"Yes little one?"

"What about 999?"

"We do not speak of that glob of anti depressing goo!"

"Yeah, you laughed and when on a butt whopping rampage!"

"Lady Druella! We have found a strange orange slime... boy."

682 freezes as he slowly turns around, seeing the small boy like entity in the ninja succubus's arms.

"Bllooo!"

"Reeeeeeee!!"

682 tears through the tent and runs as fast he can, but 999 leaps form the succubus's arms and gives chase.

"Noooo! Stay away! Leave me alone!"

"Brrroooooo!!!"

"No!"

Everyone watches as 682 runs back and forth desperately trying to escape the orange glob boy. He cannot comprehend that it is impossible to escape him.