Chapter Twenty Five

Start from the beginning

"June 24th, 2013, we got married before I got deployed, we were high school sweethearts, we were each other's first time," Jake said. Jessica collapsed against Nick. He held her to him.

"Oh god no," Jessica said. He helped her to the couch and they sat down as Jake came in and closed the door and sat down.

"I'm sorry it took me this long to come home, but I had a little memory trouble," Jake said.

"How long have you known who you were?" Jessica asked.

"This morning, I went to the house and Ashley said you moved in with Nick," Jake said.

"Yeah, we got engaged last night," Jessica said.

"I know, I remember everything that has happened," Jake said.

"Oh god," Jessica said covering her face with her hands.

"Jess," Nick said.

"How come you look so different?" Jessica asked.

"I guess the bomb messed up my face so they had to do reconstructive surgery," Jake said.

"Oh probably so," Jessica said.

"Jess, I know you have moved on and given your heart to Nick, I will give you a divorce, if you want it, we can move on with our lives, you can stay with Nick, I saw the love between you two, I don't want to get in the way of that," Jake said.

"You would do that, you just got your memory back and came home, you would let me be with Nick," Jessica said.

"Yeah, Jess, you thought I was dead, you moved on with your life, there is no going back to the way things were before, I know me being overseas put a strain on our relationship, I noticed it when I was home last, things weren't the same, I thought I would have the chance to work things out with you when I came home for good, but you can see how that turned out, I will step aside and give you a divorce so you can be with Nick," Jake said.

"Jess?" Nick asked.

"Thank you, Jacob, I will call a lawyer first thing Monday morning," Jessica said.

"Okay, Nick, do I still have the job?" Jake asked.

"Yeah," Nick said.

"Okay, you know where to find me with the papers to sign," Jake said. He got up and left the house. Jessica sat there. Nick took her hand in his.

"Baby?" Nick asked. She threw herself in his arms.

"I love you and I never want to be without you," Jessica said.

"I love you too, baby, you really choose me," Nick said.

"Yes, I do," Jessica said.

"I was scared you would want to go back to him," Nick said. Jessica stroked his face.

"I want you, Nick, I want to be with you, you have my heart, you have completely taken my heart," Jessica said. He got up and locked the door and picked her up and carried her upstairs and removed their clothes and they laid on the bed and he slowly made love to her. He came inside her and they went to sleep in each other's arms. The next day, they went over to Ashley's house and walked in and sat down on the couch with Ashley and Alex.

"Did Jake find you guys?" Ashley asked.

"Yeah, he did," Nick said.

"He's Jacob," Jessica said.

"Wait, Jacob, as in your husband, Jacob?" Ashley said.

"Yeah, he regained his memory this morning and came looking for me," Jessica said.

"Oh my god, so what's going to happen now?" Ashley asked.

"I'm calling a lawyer first thing in the morning to file for a divorce, he said he remembers everything about his life, even the months he had no memory, so he could tell that I love Nick and how deep in love with Nick I am, so he said he would give me a divorce and we can move on with our lives," Jessica said.

"Wow," Alex said.

"Nick?" Ashley asked.

"What," Nick said.

"What's up," Ashley said.

"Nothing, just letting her talk, and thinking about everything," Nick said.

"So does he still have a job with you?" Alex asked.

"Yeah," Nick said.

"Are you sure that's a good idea?" Alex asked.

"What, my fiancee's husband working for me, I have no other option right now, we are in need of help, I can't afford to let people go right now, we need all the help we can get," Nick said.

"It'll be fine, guys," Jessica said.