Not Your Fault

Rin sat on his bed, staring at the wall. Although he was extremely bored he couldn't find the will within himself to move. His thoughts slowly began spiraling downward in the dark hole he was all too familiar with.
Why are you still alive?
Haven't you learned your lesson yet? No matter what you do, it will never be good enough.
Can you blame them? You lied to them, after all. Nobody likes a demon.
You really think that you've improved? Activating your flames without the sword isn't a good thing, y'know.
He sighed. 'I know...'

Just then, a knock sounded from behind his door, breaking his train of thought. Though he was unsure as to who would come anywhere near him, he was grateful for the distraction.
He hauled himself up from the comforting mattress and made his way to the door. Opening it, he was greeted with an hesitant looking Shiemi.
" Uh... Hi?" Now Rin was confused, and even if he didn't show it, a little scared. 'Why is she here...?'
" Umm.. Hey... R-rin.." Was her timid reply. She held her hands tightly together in front of her in a nervous gesture, shaking slightly.
" Do you, uh, want to come in?" Shiemi nodded her head and Rin held the door open for her, closing it behind them once she was well into the room.
Rin walked carefully toward his bed, trying not to scare her - this was probably the first time any of his classmates had come to him willingly for a reason other than hurt him, he was not about to send her away- and patted the space next to him.
She sat on the edge, looking at her feet, not making any move to start talking. The tension could be cut with a knife, and it was suffocating Rin. He felt himself fiddling with the ends of his sleeves, looking around as if somehow a solution to the growing awkwardness between them would just appear in thin air. After a minute of silence he sighed, figuring that if she was going to insult him she would of done it by now, and that it would be better to get whatever this was over with as quickly as possible.
" So..uh...Did you want to talk?" His voice was quiet and hesitant, almost as if he were afraid of speaking out. Which he most likely was, after constantly being told to shut up or 'zip it'.
" I uh..." Shiemi trailed off, still looking at the floor. Rin thought she was about to get up and leave before she opened her mouth again,
" Do you hate me?" Rin's eyes grew wide as his head snapped up to look at her.
" What? No! Of course I don't hate you! Why would you think..." He cut himself off when he saw the pools at the corners of her eyes.
" Shiemi..." He gently put his arms on her shoulders, turning her towards him.
'What are you doing? Your not supposed to touch humans.'
Despite flinching at his own thought, he kept his hands where they were. Slowly, Shiemi lifted up her head.
" We were so mean to you... We kept pushing you away and you still- you still do nothing! Just kept on doing whatever you were told- I'm sorry! I should've done something but I just watched and-" She was cut of by strong arms pulling her into a hug.
" Don't say that. It's not your fault. Besides, they're only telling the truth. What's the harm?" Shiemi's eyes widened. 'He agrees with them...'
She let out a sob into Rin's chest, flinging her arms around him. He tensed at the motion, but slowly started rubbing her back in an attempt to calm her down.
'Did I say something wrong?'
'Of course you did, idiot. Why else would she be crying. You just had to go and mess it up.'
He let go and pushed her back a bit when her sobs died down, silently berating himself for making her cry. Little does he know, he wasn't the cause of her sudden flood of emotion. Well, he was, just not in the was he thinks.
'I can't believe he agrees with them... What have we done...?'
Shiemi shook her head of the question and wiped her eyes, a look of determination settling on her features. She was going to befriend Rin again, if it's the last thing she does. Blue flames be damned, Rin was hurting. She could see it in his eyes, dull and tired. She would find a way to make the others see that he wouldn't hurt them. It's too bad that she was too late to prevent Rin's suffering, though.

A/N - This isn't Rin x Shiemi. Idk what ship its going to be, if any. Any display of feelings so far is strictly platonic. I'll let the few people who actually read this crap decide on the ship (if there should be one) and I'll try to incorporate it.
Comment which one you want:

No ship

Rin x Bon

Rin x Shima

Rin x Konekomaru (is that how u spell it??)

Rin x Izumo

Rin x Shiemi

And for any people into that shit:
Rin x Yukio

Rin x Mephisto

Rin x Amaimon (again, how tf do u spell it??)

I personally don't give a fuck, and I'll try (and probably fail) to write whatever gets picked.
Take into account though that I have more experience w/ gay ships so that will probably turn out better that one of the straight ones :/

Sorry for the short chapter (again) but I got bored

Don't stay in school, do drugs, and make sure to drink some motherfucking coffee-
Peace.