Chapter 2- in the dark

His brows neared, his eyes twitched as the lights lit up the room. His eyes opened to the sight of her figure standing before the mirror. He sat up on the bed and slipped out of the sheets and crept behind her , Her eyes that were focused on her reflection now looked up to meet his. She tied her hair into a neat ponytail completely ignoring his presence.He slowly caressed her neck and leaned in closer running his nose along her nape, his expression intoxicated. He pulled her closer by the waist .At last she focused on him. Her eyes full of lust but her smile teasing she turned around , putting her hands behind his neck . She gave him a peck he leaned in closer but he couldn't get a taste of her lips . She covered his lips with her palm. Her hands against his chest she tried to push herself out of his embrace. She looked down at her wrist watch.

"I'm going"

She left in a hurry leaving a surprised Dray behind. She had to return now.

It was midnight the streets were silent. She enjoyed the silence of the night. No one on the streets, no eyes on her; she could finally be herself.

Many girls dreamed of living Rachel's perfect life. But they didn't nor would they ever know the struggle behind the perfect facade.

marriage...

Marriage to her wasn't a happy ending fairy-tale. It just added to the burdens she already carried.

He wouldn't understand me

Love, she doesn't expect it. She doesn't expect anything for she knew its easier that way, that it was less painful.

Ah he would surely love his perfect wife but not me

She knew what was expected of her . She would now have to take on the role of the perfect wife. Kind, gentle and warm...but that wasn't enough. The society expected more . They expect her to be endlessly patient, endlessly obedient. She knew she would have to sacrifice now more than ever. Her freedom, her opinions, her interests, her choices everything was at stake . She knew she was nothing but a mere sacrifice for political power.

Is this the end?

Her intuition told her it was.

Should I end it?

She'd rather die than to let go of her freedom; of her pride.

Is there a way out of this?

She knew hope wasn't something she should hold onto. No matter how many times she thought. She couldn't find an answer

Should i just run away?

Run away...as if that's even possible.

She knew her life was going to go downhill from here.

Someone who accepts the whole of me.That's pure bullshit. No one in this world can accept the other person as a whole.

Unable to say no ;unable to object; she agreed to this marriage. She was expected to. The flawless daughter was expected to make a great wife one day. Though lots of men dreamed of her, lusted over her; they knew the society knew that they couldn't match her wealth; her status. She knew the weight of their expectations. She knew their affection was ever changing. She feared they wouldn't accept the real her so she put on endless facades . She became the epitome of femininity. Her natural kindness, she began to doubt it. Eventually she exhausted herself everyday trying to find out who exactly she was; whether she was all an act.

She started her double life to escape from their expectations. She believed no one would find her in the darkness of the night. She believed she could find herself. She knew nothing about herself. She was a living shell .

Am i unemotional?

This bothered her. She began to do what was never expected of her . A life exactly opposite of that of Rachel Hyde. People say she would become a loyal wife, in the darkness she had her fun and left them. Her parents say our dear Rachel wont hurt a soul, unknown to them she trampled on the hearts of many. She waited for the darkness, enduring the weight of people's expectations.

Ha he's going to be disappointed

She smirked in the darkness. She would never let go of this comfortable darkness as in the dark who can see her true colors