Thanos stumbled down to one knee, groaning as the axe buried itself deep into the Titan's chest. He growled lowly at Thor as the cocky god landed directly in front of the man, reaching out the grab the Titan.

"I told you. You'd die for that!"

He took a hold of the back of the man's head, and looked him deeply into the eyes with a burins hatred as he continued to wedge the large axe deeper into Thanos' chest. The titan yelled out in pain as the God continued to smirk, aware of his friends watching in awe and hopefulness as Thor stopped the man from ending everything.

"You should have... you..." Thanos tried to speak, Thor's smile only growing larger as he prepared himself to hear the villain's final words. Just as Thor was about to interrupt and say something witty, a thick smirk emerged on Thanos' face as he continued his sentence. "...you should have gone for the head!"

As Thanos raised his hand to show his fingers about to snap with the gauntlet, Scottie squeezed her eyes shut almost as if that would stop the inevitable from occurring. She wasn't sure what would happen now, but she could only hope that somehow she would go quickly. She didn't want to suffer anymore than she already had today, and she just hoped that if there was an afterlife that she and Wanda would find the rest of their friends there together.

"NO!"

______

When Scottie opened her eyes, nothing had changed. Thanos was still looking down at the glove, but this time his face was one of anger and dismay rather than amusement and satisfaction. He paused for a brief second, before bringing his hand up and shoving Thor down to the ground, wrapping him in unbreakable vines similar to how he had done for Natasha.

Scottie looked back at Wanda, the red head still clutching on to Scottie in disbelief. That should have worked. All the laws of their universe meant that whatever Thanos had tried to do with the gauntlet should have happened - but by the look on the mad titan's face, something had gone significantly wrong somewhere.

The rest of the team watched on in shock as Thanos continued to stare at the glove for a prolonged moment, unsure on why it had not worked. He had collected all the stones, he had made the sacrifice of his daughter, the stones had all worked and all of them were currently glowing brightly - minus the Mind Stone.

"How can this be?" Thanos whispered, more so to himself than any of the Avengers lying on the ground in shock around him. "I killed the Android, the stone bearer..."

As he turned back around to face where Vision's lifeless body lay, the sight before him made him suddenly realise where he had gone wrong.

Wanda was still sitting at the tree she had been thrown into, but her arms were no longer wrapped around a confused and dazed Scottie. Her focus was were Thanos was looking, and where the rest of the team all were looking in disbelief. Out of all the outcomes everyone expected from the mind stone being destroyed, this was certainly never one of them.

Her eyes were burning a bright yellow, the exact shade of yellow that the mind stone had released when its energy had been dispersed after the stone cracked. The exact kinetic energy that had latched on to the nearest best thing to an infinity stone. When Scottie Casey was given her powers under the use of the Mind Stone, a unique bond had been formed with it. She had grown up aware of the bond, but never did she expect the stone would have also been aware of the bond.

Scottie Casey was almost glowing with energy as she stood just in front of Vision's dead body, her hands and wrists and arms all a bright vibrant glow from the pure sunlight energy that was crossing through her veins. Her smug smile cause Thanos to yell out in anger as he shuffled slightly on the spot.