Chapter 2:New friends and a hard past

It's been about 2 weeks since Red has befriended Green. And ever since then, they've been nearly inseparable.

On this day, they're having lunch at a lakeside near Pallet Town, Red contently eating some apple slices. Green was eating a sandwich when he sees a shiny Poliwag go to Red.

"Poli!", the Poliwag chirped, startling Red slightly. Red turns to see the tadpole like creature, who then bounces up and down cutely. Red gave the Poliwag an apple slice, who then ate contently and goes to nuzzle Red.

"Well, looks like you made a new friend." Green said.
Red smiles and hugs the Poliwag.
Green then hands Red a pokeball while saying
"Here, you should catch the little guy."
Red nods and turns to the shiny Poliwag.

"I-is that o-okay?" Red asked to the Poliwag.
"Poli! Poli!"It then said and taps the red and white pall with it's forehead.

One shake.

Two shakes.

Three shakes.

Click!

Red smiled widely as he held the pokeball, letting out his new companion.

"Can I call you Poli from now on?" Red asked cutely. Poli nods and hops around adorably, making some "Poli! Poli" noises, Red giggling and waving his arms while Poli bounces around.
Green smiled at the sight, happy that Red has his very own pokemon.

Red hugs Poli, still giggling, it being contagious, making Poli and Green laugh as well. The rest of the time at the lake was like a paradise for the boys. They played things like hide and seek and tag, they went swimming, Green and Poli teaching Red, who began to enjoy the swimming.

"Green! Come on, it's time to come home!" A female voice called out when the sun began to set.
"Coming Mom!"Green replied, all while Red looked sad at hearing Green had to go.

"Don't worry Red, we'll see each other tomorrow." Green said with a kind smile.

At hearing this, Red felt better and hugs Green tightly. Green hugged back. The two went they're separate ways and Red went on his way to his home, which made him frown. He remembered the times his mom and dad would yell at each other after going to a doctor.

(Flashback)
Red's mom looks out the window, seeing Red staring at the tree without moving, as if he was staring into space.

"Honey, I'm home!" Red's father came through the front door.
"Hey..."Red's mother said.
"What's wrong?", the father asked. "Red has always been acting...odd..You know what I mean, right?"
"Yeah, I noticed it too.."Red's father agreed.
"Maybe we should take him to a doctor?"

(A time skip in the flashback)
Red and his parents are in a psychologist office in Saffron City.
"Mr and Mrs Masara?" A kind looking woman went to them with a name tag for the child psychology department.
"I'm Dr Anna Mida, and you asked for help with your child?"

When Red's parents explained Red's odd behavior, Dr Mida takes Red in for some testing. After about 35 minutes, Dr Mida goes to Red's parents with Red and a small pamphlet and telling the couple the news. "Mr and Mrs Masara? We did some tests and we found that Red has Autism." Red's parents looked very shocked at hearing this.

"We've also seen your son using psychic powers." She later said, gestures to Red, who was bending and lifting a spoon around with telekinesis. That's when Red's father started to turn pale.

(End of flashback)
Red goes inside, holding the pokeball to his chest.
"Red!" Red's mother yelled, looking very mad and goes to him.
"I said to come back at 4 o'clock! It's 6:45!"
Red flinches from the yelling.
"Sorry Mommy..."
Red's mother sees the pokeball.

"Where did you get that?" she asked with a stern look on her face.
"Green gave it to me so I can get a Poliwag." Red answered.

"Why did you catch a pokemon?!" Red's mom yelled again, looking more angry. Red flinches from this.
"B-b-but, P-Poli likes me..." He then brings Poli out of the pokeball, the sparkles fly out of the pokeball, showing that it's a shiny pokemon.

Red's mother looked very shocked at this. A long moment of silence was in play, but later broken by Red's mother.

"Fine, you can keep the Poliwag, but you have to do your chores and it has to either stay in it's ball or stay outside."
Red smiles and nods, taking Poli to the backyard.

"Ugh...I need a drink."
After an hour later, Red comes back inside from playing with Poli, but sees his mom crying near the landline.

"H-he can't be dead...he just can't..."
Red goes to his mother.
"Mommy? When's Daddy coming home?"

Red's Mother then glares at Red, who was looking at his mother, clearly confused about why his mother was crying and not knowing what's going on. "Shut up you little freak!"

She then slaps Red across the face, hard enough for him to fall to the ground. Red then looked up at his mother with a shocked expression. "M-mommy?"

"Shut up! Because of you, your father is gone forever! " Red's mother yelled again and started to kick Red in the stomach multiple times.

Red was screaming and crying in pain, clearly not knowing what his mother meant by his father won't be back and why she's hurting him. She then dragged Red outside and said "You're sleeping out here tonight." and then shuts the door and locking it. Red limps to the door, crying for his mother.

"M-Mommy?! Mommy, don't go! Mommy! I wanna come back in!"
Red then starts to cry again. Poli hears Red crying and runs to him as fast as he can, trying to cheer Red up by making silly faces.

Red then sniffles and hugs Poli.
"Poli...thank you for trying to help..."

End of chapter two