Chapter 9 feelings laid bare

Of course the next week school would continue as usual and the group would come together as usual. For days and days everything would be normal. Then came an announcement the group had been expecting. As the teacher stepped in front of the class she spoke. "In three weeks time we will have our annual school festival are there any people in this class who would like to submit anything they would like to do for the festival?" the teacher asked. For a while the class remained silent but then Leo stood up. "I would like to make a special boot for people to read my new novel before it comes out to the public" Leo said. "Really that would be amazing I'll inform the principal about it" the teacher said as she seemed extremely excited.

Later that day Leo was called into the principal's office to confirm the arrangement and soon after he went to his club. As he arrived at the club Kazimune turned to him "So that was a big surprise when did you decide to do that?" Kazimune asked."I just did it in the moment wanted to see what comes next" Leo replied. "That is nothing like you normally you plan stuff out are you sure you aren't going crazy?" Kazimune then asked. "I don't know maybe I am is that a problem?" Leo replied with a smug tone. "Nah you do you man" Kazimune then replied as the rest was just following their conversation not knowing what Leo had done.

"So what is it exactly Leo has done?" Aki then decided to ask. "He told the teacher he was willing to organize a boot showing of his new work at the festival" Kazimune replied. "Really Leo did I don't believe any of that" Sadako then said with a sarcastic voice. "No he really did" Kazimune then said. "I swear he did" He added to that to get his point across. But nobody believed them and they all turned to Leo. "So what is it you actually did" Tomomi then asked. "No, I did what Kazimune said he isn't lying is it that strange?" Leo then asked talking down a bit.

"That's nothing like you are you sick or something?" Tomomi then asked actually worried. "Nah it's just something I wanted to try out" Leo replied now starting to be happier. "You sure?" Nami then asked. "Yeah but thanks for worrying guys" Leo then said with a soft smile.

As the days went on everything once more turned to normal and then came the week before the festival and then mostly the day right before as Leo started setting up his stuff. He had gotten an entire classroom with a bunch of tables inside. There Leo had made a row of tables at the window side with three chairs behind it. He would be joined by two of his Mr Fukia's employers that would help him with selling. The tables would be filled with his books and then in the middle his newest work right where he would sit.

As he was setting everything up Kazimune approached him. "So you gonna be needing any help tomorrow". "I don't think so I'll have two people with me that should be enough" Leo replied sitting on one of the tables. "That's good well if you need any help don't be scared to call any of us over" Kazimune then said. "I wouldn't I don't want to bother you guys I bet you would be busy and besides you guys should enjoy your festival" Leo replied. "Yeah, but we will always be there for you" Kazimune then said.

As Kazimune had left and Leo sat there looking up at the ceiling he wondered to himself. Would they always be there for him? Would they leave when he most needed them like people did in the past?. Would he be alone again? Would the past repeat itself now he was finally starting to let go? Just as before there were so many questions but no answers to him at least now he felt a bit less alone at least now he saw a light at the end of that dark dark tunnel.

That next day Leo was brought to school together with Mr Fukia and some other important member of the family. So they rode in a large convoy of five cars. Leo was in the middle one together with the two men that would support him and a driver. As he sat there the trees shot past him then came a bunch of building until he finally arrived at the school. They parked on school ground and as Leo got out the other students finally realized how important Leo really was. People had never exaggerated how rich his adopted family was. Everyone and mostly the girls looked at him as he walked into the school with two men by his sides.