"Hey lovebirds!"

𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 1

𝘚𝘶𝘻𝘪𝘦, 𝘥𝘰 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘤𝘰𝘱𝘺? 

🖤🤍🖤🤍🖤

It was summer 1985, and our heroine had graduated, gotten into college, and spent one of the best summers of her life. Accompanied, of course, by her knight in shining armor, Steve Harrington.

Dustin had left for camp almost a month ago... And if Evelyn was being honest, she missed him like crazy, but, that wasn't going to stop her from having the time of her life.

During the summer, Evelyn found herself spending a lot of time with her favorite redhead. Although some may say it was weird for her to hang around teens, the bond these two shared was something no one could ever understand.

They thought of each other as the sister they never had.

In addition to that, a mall had opened two months ago in Hawkins, Indiana. Something Evelyn never thought to be possible, knowing the town's unusual history.

Another thing she really enjoyed about Starcourt mall was the fact that Steve had been working there for the summer.  He had gotten a job at Scoops Ahoy, an ice cream parlor she now frequented daily.

Evelyn had also gotten herself a job for the holidays, working at Hawkins community pool wasn't glamorous, but her family needed the money for her college tuition. Her mom's wage being the only one in the household had been enough for the past eighteen years, but tough times were approaching and helping her mom was the least Evelyn could do.

While driving down the same road she had driven for the past two months, Evelyn sang along whatever song was on the radio, she could see Starcourt mall getting closer and closer. She sped into the parking lot and parked near the entrance, where she could see a few familiar faces waiting impatiently for someone to show up.

Waving her hand at the group of teens, she planted herself in front of the party. "Whoa!!? No need to jump of excitement for my presence!" sarcasm left her lips as she watched the disappointment in their expressions.

Max was the first one to answer her remark, "Mike and El are late again, they just told us they're going to be 10 minutes late".

El and Mike had been spending all summer together, and as much as Evelyn loved love, being late a couple of times was one thing but, this was getting out of hand.

The girl looked at the three pissed off teenagers in front of her, with a "you guys know what I'm about to say" look.

"Well if-" "don't worry Ev, as long as you meet us at the entrance on time, we'll be okay", her sentence was abruptly interrupted by Will, who, just like the other two people standing beside her, already knew what was about to come out of her mouth.

"Are you sure?" she reassured, feeling kinda guilty for leaving them there waiting on the young boy. "Yes! Just go see your corny boyfriend and go do corny things with him".

Lucas's disgusted expression was enough for her to make her way through the big doors into the ginormous building, making a beeline for the familiar ice cream parlor.

A mop of brown silky hair looked up at the sound of the bell ringing in his ear.  "Jesus Christ, would you stop hitting that damned thing!".

Steve shut his mouth when his girlfriend entered his peripheral view.