Her statement caught Soobin's attention who stopped wiping the table and stared at her, confused.

"What do you mean by that?"

Yeji who realized what she just said jerked her head towards Soobin, "Uhm what I mean is... You're Soobin --- yeah that's what I mean."

"Yes I'm Soobin and? That made me more confused." Soobin tilted his head as he stared at the girl's face who has an obvious look of panic on her face.

"Well you see," Yeji cleared her throat, feeling thirsty all of a sudden, "I actually talk to my mom about you sometimes and it may have slipped out that I... like you."

"What?" Soobin asked, his voice came out lower than it was and staring at her with wide eyes.

"I mean I like you as a friend, not like like as in I want you to be my boyfriend or something. She's been teasing me because of that and insists that I invite you over dinner sometimes." Yeji awkwardly chuckled, looking away from him to place the food containers inside her bag.

Soobin is still as confused as ever. It's not like everyday he gets to be in that situation.

He doesn't know what to say without making the situation more awkward.

Yeji's nervous and panicky state is not helping him relax either.

"Oh I almost forgot! I have to restock some items." Yeji suddenly said and stood up, "You can stay here, I uhm need to go back to work."

Soobin stared at the back of the girl who almost stumbled on her way out.

A sudden lick on his chin brought him back to his senses. Again, it was Homsang who had just came out from inside his jacket.

The puppy licked his chin again and Soobin's certain that Homsang's thanking him from helping him hide.

"Why is she so confusing?" Soobin murmured to the puppy, as if it was gonna answer him.

----

"Hey."

"Hey." Yeji smiled slightly as she looks up and sees Soobin who had already removed his jacket staring down at her.

Soobin pursed his lips, "Do you need any help?"

Yeji almost declined but she knows that putting the canned goods on the top part of the shelf can be a pain in the ass. She's taller than most girls but she's not as tall as the shelves at the store, she still needs to step on a stool in order to do that. Usually, she just asks for Kai or Taehyun's help but since they're not there;

"Can you help me put these on the top of the shelf there?" Yeji requested, standing up to give the box of canned goods to Soobin.

"Yeah sure." Soobin croaked out. He's definitely not expecting the additional weight on his arms, "It's... it's quite heavy."

Yeji giggled when she sees his contorted face, "Yeah but I'm used to it already. Do you need help?"

Soobin playfully rolled his eyes at the girl, trailing off towards the shelf.

At least he's tall enough to reach the top of the shelf without needing to step on a stool. He glanced teasingly at Yeji as he placed the canned goods on top as if to get back on her from teasing him.

Yeji was the one who rolled her eyes this time while smiling --- getting back on what she was doing earlier.

----

"Thanks for helping me, if you want to, you can go back home now. I'll be fine on my own." Yeji smiled, taking out her hair from the ponytail and combing out her hair with her fingers.