o19: Misplaced

Comincia dall'inizio

"Everything on your list, Batman," Miss M answered cheerily, as she levitated the boxes she was carrying down onto the ground. "Plus groceries,"

"Cookie fixings?" Wally asked, grinning as he scooted up to the box that M'gann had just set down and the Martian smiled.

"Snickerdoodle," she began, before glancing over at where Silverbird and Robin were standing. "And chocolate chip,"

"Yes!" Reese exclaimed, catching the package of cookies that Kid Flash tossed to her out of the air with one hand, and from the corner of her eye, the brunette was pleased to see that Dick was smiling, and she glanced at him, waving a cookie under his nose. "Want one?" she asked, but Robin only smirked.

The next thing Reese knew, her hand that had been holding the package of cookies was empty, and Dick was shaking the box under her nose, and even though she wasn't able to see his eyes behind his mask, Reese knew they were glimmering with laughter.

"Come and get it," he whispered, before bolting across the cave, and it was a few seconds later that Reese ran after him because she had been blushing when Robin first ran off, considering when he had teased her, they had been nose-to-nose.

"Robin!" she cried out, as she chased after him, bypassing Zatanna and Artemis as they exited the elevator, the blonde holding Zatanna back before she could get run over by the two, but Dick only cackled, waving the box of cookies in the air.

Noticing that Robin was basically just weaving between the crates and boxes, Silverbird estimated where he'd be next, and vaulted straight over one of the crates, startling Kaldur as she jumped over the box right in front of his nose.

Luckily, she had guessed correctly about where Robin was going to be in his zig-zag movements, and the brunette slammed into Dick as he rounded the corner of one of the crates, sending him sprawling across the cave floor as they both tumbled to the ground. 

Reese swiped the box of cookies off the ground from where they were just out of reach of Robin's fingers and dangled them in front of his face from where she was sitting on his back.

"I win," she murmured smugly, and Dick let out a huff, feigning annoyance, but his wide grin spoke otherwise as he glanced over his shoulder at her.

"Please," he scoffed teasingly, though he did take the cookie that Reese handed to him and munched on it. "I let you win, pretty bird,"

Reese opened her mouth to retort, but before she could say anything, Batman, Zatara, and Red Tornado all disappeared in a flash of light.

She gasped and scrambled off of Dick as Robin stood up, and Zatanna let out an urgent cry of "Dad!". But it was no use.

The three Justice League members who had been in the cave were gone.

And it seemed like they weren't the only ones. All over the country, adults and people over the age of eighteen had all disappeared, just like Batman, Zatara, and Red Tornado had.

Reese had tried calling Roy, but her call went straight to voicemail, which wasn't unusual now that Red Arrow had struck out on his own, but what was unusual was that Silverbird hadn't been able to reach her dad or Black Canary either. And Dinah always answered her phone.

So, while Artemis and Wally went with Conner and M'gann to help the latter two's classmates in Happy Harbor, Reese stayed behind at the cave with Dick, Zatanna, and Kaldur, to see if they could try and figure out what had happened, and where all the adults had gone.

So far, they hadn't been having much luck. After a while though, Wally called with the progress he and the others had made at the Happy Harbor High School.